Mel Kiper Jr. 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Kurt, Jan 23, 2014.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Mel has Minny getting Bridgwater, be satisfied with that :)

2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I don't want Bridgewater...not sold on him.
    When you had the worst Defence in the game,fired the Coaches, and appointed one of the brightest defensive minds in the game to run your team,then you better get him some help!! If the first pick is anything other than a defensive guy there will be a lot of pissed of Viking fans!!

markaz likes this.
  3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I wouldn't take him No. 1. Just guessing, like everybody else, that Manziel has enough upside to make him at least a Top 10 in the draft. Bad decisions? Accuracy? Arm strength? Because there's no great separation between the most touted QB's in the draft and none of them are truly NFL ready I'm guessing the Texans pick in-state and take him. Like him or not, the kid can ball. :dunno:

Aussie61 likes this.
  4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I've read that Houston's owner wants Manziel, but if its up to O'Brien, he would probably opt for Bortles at 1 or Mettenburger in round 2.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

It is nice to see one of the "experts" not project an OT to the Steelers...I think with the line they have and Mike Munchak on board as the OLine coach, the team may be able to address another position of need on defense or pending availability, another weapon for Big Ben.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tim Tebow could ball too...

Aussie61 likes this.
  7. markaz

You're right. Nevermind.

86WARD likes this.
  8. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Lol thats the point man. For every Tarkenton you come up with, there is a Tebow to match it. Breakdown the player. Quit comparing him to other players as part of your determination of if he will succeed or not

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

That's funny. In SB Nation, I read that McNair was touting Clowney. Could be a smokescreen though.

markaz likes this.
  10. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

He came out publicly saying he loves Clowney.

I personally think they are trying to find a trade partner. Either Cleveland, Minnesota, or Atlanta.

Atlanta makes sense. They have a good team that underachieved so they can afford to dump picks. They move up and address their biggest need at DE by grabbing Clowney.

11. markaz

Who's going to succeed? Neither you nor I have any idea.

Aussie61 likes this.
  12. markaz

And I have no idea where I read an article on games front offices play around draft time. Negative/false info is put out (bad 40 speed, too small, arms too short, player preference, etc.) in an attempt to get the player they really want to drop down the draft board on draft day (even one spot!) to save money. The article said it was really prevalent for those organizations who have a serious/marginal cap problem.

Aussie61 likes this.
  13. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Yep,in Minnesota it's called "Rickspeak".Having watched a lot of Rick Spielman pressers,I've learned that this is one guy that could sell you a paper bag full of bullcrap and convince you it will smell like roses in 3 days! You learn after a while that, especially at this time of year,believe nothing! Every thing a GM says could be entirely false,entirely true,or entirely truly false.

markaz likes this.
  14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bridgewater will

15. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

That's a big call!

16. Jihad Joe

I dont see the risk. He is a polished pocket passer who reads defenses as well as any QB to come out recently not named Luck. Can make all the throws and while mot Griffen athleticly, has a pretty good set of wheels

17. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I don't get how people talk about his "wheels".He had 220 rushing attempts in college for a grand total of 146 yards and 5 TDs (4 in his first year).He's also had 8 fumbles the past 2 years,and while he only lost 2 of those,if you put the ball on the ground in the NFL you stand a good chance to lose it.I also have questions about the level of competition in a weak conference.
    He could still make a good NFL QB,but he's not a guy who should be relied upon to be a starter from day 1.No QB in this class is a day 1 guy.

18. Jihad Joe

He plays in a pro style offense, not a read option that allows him to run freely. Weak comp is such a lame guage. Bridgewater tore the Gators #1 ranked pass defense in a BSC bowl. Comp level only matters when a guy has never played anyone that was glorified HS level, or could beat anyone above that level.

19. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

He played in a pro style offence,but hasn't played week to week against pro style defence.Things happen a lot quicker,windows are smaller,it's a big learning curve.

20. Jihad Joe

Not really. Cam or RG3 couldnt read a defense when they came out. They did fine didnt they? Its not 1993 where you actually have to sit and develope a QB anymore. Its much simpler for QBs then it was. Now of you have the tools, you thrive immediately