Merry Christmas from Big Blue Blitz

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Omen, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

[​IMG]
    John Fennelly, Lead Writer

Merry Christmas to all our readers, friends and collaborators. Thanks for supporting us once again his season.

Some things of note today….

Tom Coughlin was asked if he still had the passion to coach in the NFL after a trying season such as this:

“Sure, absolutely. I mean, probably even more because there are a lot of those that are telling you that you didn’t do very well and you’re not a very good coach and you’re not this and you’re not that, so perhaps you have something to prove.”

He also commented on the importance of organizations having patience with its coaches and players:

“How important is it? It’s very important. It’s very important from the standpoint of the continuity factor. When I first came to the New York Giants as an assistant coach, I was extremely impressed by the philosophical feeling that [former Giants General Manager] George Young and [Giants Co-Owners] Mr. [Wellington] Mara and Mr. [Bob] Tisch had about being able to put people in positions to do their job and support them. Once the winning started or whatever, it became a real part of the tradition of the franchise. I think it’s very important. The continuity is very important.”

DE Justin Tuck on if he is looking forward to the 2013 season being over or looking ahead to the 2014 season:

“I’m looking ahead. Anytime you go into a season like this, you always take time out at the end of the year to go over the goods, the bads and the ugly. I’m looking forward to getting back to the top of the heap. We haven’t – this will be two years in a row for us where we haven’t made the playoffs. It’s just something that you don’t want to get used to. You have to shift your focus to thinking about what next year can be because obviously this year is kind of a lost cause. Again, we’ve got one more game to go and we’re going to go out there and play it just as if we were a playoff team and needed the win.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...