Michael Vick's Father Feels His Son Is Now A Better Man

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, May 30, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN.com reports the father of suspended Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick, Michael Boddie, said he believes his son is a "better man" now than when he went to federal prison camp for 19 months. "You ever been locked up?" Boddie said. "You have a lot of time to reflect. Looks like he came through it in one piece. I think he'll be a better man because of it." Boddie said he and his son, who have been estranged, exchanged letters while Vick was in prison and they have reconciled. "I'm glad he's home with his fiance and his children," Boddie said. "I know he's paid the price for that (dogfighting). Now it's time for him to move on."

Source: ESPN.com

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

people say he has changed
    its time for his actions to speak for him now

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

What's to change? He fought dogs, terrible, he got busted and paid the price, it doesn't mean he was such a horrible guy, he just did stupid crap. He's not the menace to society that get people paralyzed and hecked up that some punk thug like pacman jones is.

He doesn't need to change and he doesn't own anyone anything from a criminal level. He just need not to get back into dumb crap like fighting dogs and get on with his life. I wish the best for the guy.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

well hopefully he got smarter from this whole situation

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I was happy at the time to see him go down, and now I'll be happy to see him rise above it all.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I agree with this nobodys perfect and he did his time.

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

This. People act like the guy had an extensive track record, he'd never been arrested prior to this.

8. nastynate184

i think his general bad attitude added in to people's opinion and wanting him to go down. like flipping off the fans after a game or the water bottle incident

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

IMO, and this may get odd looks, but after the way he laid his entire body on the line that game, only to get no help from his offense (or D for that matter), only to be called "pathetic", I don't blame him for losing it.

As far as the water bottle goes, didn't they confirm after confiscating it that there was nothing in it? It's a dumb move on his part either way, but if there was nothin in the bottle, why continue to hound him for it?

Also, those two incidents both happened in 2006, hard to find anything before that.

10. nastynate184

i think you are right about the bottle it just smelled of weed no weed was actually in it. i don't see people hounding about those incidents just i think they could help mold people's opinion of him