Michigan Fans Save A Notre Dame Fan's Life After Heart Attack

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Talk' started by themush, Sep 15, 2011.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT GIF OG

A Notre Dame fan who had a heart attack during last weekend's game at Michigan survived to watch the final touchdowns from a hospital bed, the school said Thursday. Leo Staudacher's heart stopped during the second quarter of Saturday night's game at Michigan Stadium, the school said. The 69-year-old Bay City man survived thanks in part to one bystander who performed CPR and others who called for a medical team who used an automated electric defibrillator on site. "My family watched while they shocked me with the paddles," Staudacher, who was visiting Ann Arbor with his sons ages 45, 48 and 50, said in a statement released by the school. "But it was the fans and their prompt CPR that saved my life." The medical team then took him to the University of Michigan Health System's Cardiovascular Center for treatment, where he was able to watch part of the final quarter from an intensive care unit bed -- and saw Michigan's thrilling 35-31 win.

Source ESPN

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT GIF OG

In this day of parking lot shootings and fans getting brutalized for wearing the other teams colors this is AWESOME news to hear.

Hey California buttholes pay attention.

3. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

At the end of the day this is just a game and it doesn't matter what team you support.

4. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member GIF OG Premium Member

Damn...good stuff...hope the old guy gets better.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors GIF OG

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hope the guys makes a full recovery.