Michigan State finds its Magic

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Mar 31, 2015.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Can you imagine having Magic Johnson at your disposal, the luxury of being able to pick up the phone and ask “Hey, Magic! Do you mind coming down to campus and giving the team a quick pep talk?”

Think about it. Office woes got you down? Is productivity not where it should be? Or perhaps you have problems on the home front. Just give Earvin a ring to make things all better. That’s Earvin Johnson, motivational speaker.

More at: http://sportschump.net/2015/03/31/michigan-state-finds-magic/15290/

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

For as much as I respect Magic and all of his accomplishments, Tom Izzo doesn’t need his help or help from the son of God to get one of his teams ready for a game during the NCAA tourney. Izzo is Mr. March.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Big Ten shirtty during the year, comes out and wins Football Championship. big Ten shirtty during the year, has 2 of Final 4.

4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Agreed, Mark, but having him around certainly doesn't hurt.

And yea, Ward, who the hell woke up the Big Ten?

5. Badger

Badger Rookie

Izzo's teams always show up in March. It is kind of funny that all the, "experts" have been that the Big Ten isnt all that good, yet 2 of our teams are in the Final Four. Id love nothing more than to see their heads explode if Wisconsin beats Kentucky.

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'm a Michigan fan through and through but in march madness I pick state almost always because of izzo. This year I didn't, don't know why either, but izzo is the man and I'm rooting for state to make it to the finals.

7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

He's got a tough task ahead, Bears.

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

True but state is hanging in there so far.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Great start by them, but Duke has taken over.

10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Duke is playing nasty. It's definitely going to affect the Duke-UK line... assuming Kentucky wins.