Minnesota Vikings re-sign quarterback Matt Cassel to a two-year deal

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by DontKnowMe, Mar 8, 2014.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

The Vikings had Cassel last year, and he was mediocre. That's not surprising because he has been mediocre for most of his career. But once there were reports that the Houston Texans wanted to sign him, the Vikings acted. Why? Who knows. But they made sure they didn't lose Cassel, re-signing him to a two-year deal.

Yahoo.com

2. DontKnowMe

And Texans fans everywhere sing:

markaz and DawkinsINT like this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Peterson is not happy.

4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Why? Because he was involved in all 5 wins last year (3 as starter,2 in relief of Ponder).
    Why? Because you don't want to go into the season with Ponder and a rookie.
    Why? Because Norv Turner is running the offence and not Bill Musgrave.
    Why? Because as I have been saying all year,they are not interested in the "top" QBs.They will look to a QB later in the draft,Garroppolo,Mettenberger,etc.
    Why? Because they need some fresh talent on defense for Mike Zimmer to work with,and this draft is loaded with it.
    Granted Cassel is not great,but he is the best option of what's available and should fit with a Turner offensive scheme.Vick is too injury prone.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Option #3 makes the most sense. Musgrave got nothing out of the offense's personnel and Turner, like him or not, does have infinitely more knowledge about the QB position. Given AD will be right behind him, this really is a good move.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Yes,Norv is going to be a breath of fresh air! I was wondering yesterday if the Vikes might have an interest in Sproles,teaming him up with AP and Norv would be interesting.Having Adrian & Darren in the backfield and Jennings,Patterson & Rudolph.Opposing DCs would have their work cut out.

7. markaz

Now THAT would be a backfield!

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. markaz

With your permission I'd like to use this video if the Cards don't sign Brandon Albert in FA.

9. DontKnowMe

Go for it

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think your down to Mettenberger. I think Garapollo will be gone by the time your 2nd rounder comes up