Mock Draft Number 2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by PSID412USM, Mar 26, 2011.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Yeah my mocks and thoughts.

1. Carolina Panthers - Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri

The Panthers need pretty much everything including QB after Jimmy Clausen proved why no one wanted him. Gabbert look impressive at his Pro day and so the Panthers take him

2. Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus - DT - Alabama

Denver is switching to 4-3 and need all the help they can get. Dareus looks like one of the most sure things in this year draft and Fox will gladly take him with the 2nd pick.

3. Buffalo Bills - Patrick Peterson - CB - LSU

There a couple of way the Bills can go but to me Peterson is the pick he is a shut down corner and the Bills are not exactly blessed in the corner back department. Newton will be tempting but I think Peterson wins out.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - Da'Quan Bowers - DE - Clemson

Atwamn Odom hasn't been the same since his injury and I don't honestly know if the Bengals think he will regain that form. Bowers has some question about his knee but I think he show he fine at his pro day. They could use a quarterback but I don't think Newton fit their system

5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller - DE/OLB - Texas A&M

Joey Porter and Clark Haggans are not exactly what you call a fearsome pass rush. The Cardinals do need a quarterback but I don't think Cam Newton fits their system so they take the top linebacker in the draft.

6. Cleveland Browns - A.J. Green - WR - Gerogia

This will take all of 10 seconds to be made. Green is a S-T-U-D and the Browns give Colt McCoy a weapon he can rely on for years to come.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Quinn - DE/OLB - North Carolina

The 49ers maybe worried about losing Manny Lawson so they go back to North Carolina to get his replacement or if he stays they have a near pair of rush linebackers.

8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn

Fairley combine has made him slip a little but I think this is a good spot for him to land. He and Jason Jones will make a good pair to clog up the inside of the line.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska

Since Jerry Jones has never taken an Offensive Lineman in Round 1 I don't see him changing here so instead they grab a 1a cornerback. I seriously think in any other draft Amukamara would be the first cornerback taken. Still Terrance Newman is fazing so they get his replacement.

10. Washington Redskins - Juilo Jones - WR - Alabama

The Redskins best recevier maybe not coming back and so they grab Jones here. Jones lit up the combine and on a broken foot no less the Skins pick him cause Anthony Armstrong certainly isn't a number one recevier

11. Houston Texans - Aldon Smith - DE/OLB

The Texans hope the move to a 3-4 will improve their defence but they don't have any that many players to fit that so they take Smith to change that

12. Minnestoa Vikings - Cam Newton - QB - Auburn

I think this is a good place for Newton to go. He has a strong running game and good receviers to throw too. Plus Leslie Frazier says he wants a franchise QB and that could end up being Newton

13. Detriot Lions - Tyron Smith - OT - USC

Matthew Stafford has been beating up in his 2 season with the Lions and with Jeff Backus turning 34 I think the Lions get the man who will replace him.

14. St Louis Rams - Cameron Jordan - DE - California

Chris Long has locked down one of the starting spots but across from him currently is James Hall who despite having a great season is 34 this year. So they take Jordan to make the bookends with Long

15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama

Both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown are both free agents so they are going to take their replacement in the former Hesimann Thophy winner.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan - DE - Purdue

With Aaron Kampman suffering another ACL tear the Jags will look to upgrade their DE position and get a 4 year starter for the Boilermakers

17. New England Patriots - JJ Watt - DE - Wisconsin

Watt is maybe the best 5 technique player in the draft and the Patriots could use him to get some pass rush to their D-Line.

18. San Diego Chargers - Muhammad Wilkerson - DE/DT - Temple

The Chargers need an upgrade on the Defensive Line so they Wilkerson to help them to that.

19. New York Giants - Nate Solder - OT - Colorado

William Beatty hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in his time in the leauge so the Giants are in need of a left tackle Solder is considered the best left tackle prospect in the draft so he is the pick.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Justin Houston - DE - Gerogia

The Bucs need to upgrade their Defensive End position after fromer UFL player Stylez G White lead them with just 4.5 sacks last year. Houston should help sort out that problem.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor - NT - Baylor

The Chiefs have needs but the only one they can address without reaching is at Nose Tackle and so they take Taylor who has had one of the best off-season of anyone in the draft.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College

The Colts need a left tackle and after choosing not to take Rodger Saffold last year the Colts know they need to get one to protect Peyton Manning.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Gabe Carimi - OT - Wisconsin

Having given up 52 sacks last year and with Winston Justice showing he just isn't an NFL tackle. The Eagles take Carimi who has been compared to ex Eagle Jon Runyan.

24. New Orleans Saints - Corey Liuget - DT - Illinois

Yes they got Shaun Rogers but he not exactly the force he once was and I think Liuget is going to make a nice pair with Ellis in the future.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Jake Locker - QB - Washington

I feel like this is the wrong pick to make but with Matt Hasselbeck reportly not close to a deal and Charlie Whitehurst not the answer. Locker ends up being the pick I personally feel he better then most people make out and he have a decent career when it's all said and done.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith - CB - Colorado

Smith is falling on board but with the fact 3 of their top 4 cornerback being free agents I think that the Ravens will take Smith to give them a corner to help out in a confence full of good receivers.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith - WR - Maryland

Outside of Roddy White the Falcons have nothing at wide recevier Smith will help take pressure of White and give the Falcons a speed demon on the outside.

28. New England Patriots - Mike Pouncey - OG - Florida

While he not as talented as his brother Maurkice however that doesn't mean he won't be a good player and with the news of Stephan Neal retirement and Logan Mankins issues Pouncey will be the pick here.

29. Chicago Bears - Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippi State

Jay Cutler was turned into an NFL punching bag every week it seemed so the Bears need to upgrade their Line so Sherrod is going to be the pick.

30. New York Jets - Cameron Heyward - DE/DT - Ohio State

The Jets need to add some defensive Lineman so they take Heyward here the son of former NFL running back Craig 'Ironhead' Heywad so yeah he will be helped.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Brandon Harris - CB - Miami (FL)

The Steelers would love one of the tackles to fall to them but sadly it doesn't so instead they take Harris to help out in their secondary.

32. Green Bay Packers - Jonathan Baldwin - WR - Pittsburgh

The Packers don't have many weakness one thing they do need is a recevier. With Driver the wrong side of 30 and Jones set for free agency and Baldwin is BPA

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. can't see Cam dropping to 12.

pretty good mock other than that.

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Cam's going #1. Mark it down. I don't agree with it, but it will be the pick. Cam will put the most people in the seats. New regime, likes new QB.