Modern Athletes I Would Want On My Side If A Bar Fight Broke Out

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by SportsChump, Jan 21, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I’ve worked in the bar industry for quite some time. Every once in a while, one drunken sot at the bar takes offense to the way another drunken sot at the bar is looking at him and crap goes down. Most of the time, the two random fight-starters are too inebriated to land a solid punch and are easy to wrap up before too much damage is done but it’s always best to be prepared for the worst. I think Dalton once said that.

That is why I created my list of Modern Athletes I’d Like On My Side If A Bar Fight Breaks Out. It’s not a comprehensive list and I’m sure there are plenty of guys out there who slipped my mind but the few I’ve mentioned below are definite no-brainers.

Meet the brawlers at: http://sportschump.net/2014/01/21/m...nt-on-my-side-if-a-bar-fight-broke-out/12998/

Aussie61 and DawkinsINT like this.
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If Farnsworth wasn't on the list I'd boycott the rest of your articles. But he is. So I approve.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Buddy Ryan.

Saintsfan1972 likes this.
  4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Gronk

5. Steve12

Gronk would trip over a barstool and break his arm before he even got to the fight.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's get hurt too quickly.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Yeah he would but he doesn't feel the crap till hours later. He'll start swinging like a wild man. Those are some the best fights.

Steve12 and DawkinsINT like this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gronk would be too wasted. James Harrison could probably do damage.

Steve12 likes this.
  9. Steve12

Oh god James Harrison is a good one.

10. DawkinsINT

Freak it....give me Sherman. Don't come at him with a sorry ass bar fighter.

Agent Zero and Jihad Joe like this.
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take Roethlisberger too. He's proven he can take a hit and keep going. James Harrison, Jared Allen trains in MMA so he'd be a good one and I think Patrick Willis trains in MMA as well...come to think of it Gronk might be a good one to take as a decoy to receive the first punch...

12. Steve12

Big Ben would be good because he doesn't take no for an answer. He'd be swinging on some poor guy while the guy is screaming STOP but Ben would just keep doing what he wants to do until he's done.

86WARD likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

How about either Arthur or Chandler Jones? With Jon Jones being their brother, I'm guessing they can handle crap.

Steve12 likes this.
  14. Steve12

I did not know chandler jones was Jon Jones' brother.

15. DawkinsINT

[​IMG]

16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Nice ones. Glad I included Farnsworth then, Steve. Would hate for you (and he) to show up unexpectedly at my doorstep. James Harrison is also definitely a good one.

Ward... if you include Buddy Ryan, you for sure gotta include Nolan Ryan. I thought about both but decided to just keep it active athletes. Not sure about Big Ben though. He might spend a little too much time in the bathroom with the ladies.

You guys are right about Gronk. I've seen him out and about in town but he does appear to be, as Dawk pointed out, a little too injury prone.

Steve12 likes this.
  17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Michael Westbtook

18. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Vernon Davis.. And I'll have Hernandez in the car just in case a gun fight breaks out.

86WARD and markaz like this.
  19. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I know the NBA inside out so here are my NBA players

My starting five:

PG Delonte West (this guy owns more guns then anyone in the NBA, I want those, and he has
    SG Stephen Jackson (needs little explanation)
    SF Ron Artest (sorry I refuse to call him by his other ridiculous name)
    PF Birdman Anderson (nut case)
    C DeMarcus Cousins

Off the bench:

PG Nate Robinson (this guy is small but he is fierce)
    SG JR Smith (another nut case)
    SF Matt Barnes (hahah, the guy is a fighter, remember Rafer Alston and Kobe)
    PF Reggie Evans (you want hear when entering a fight, here you get pure heart)
    C Joakim Noah- HEART read above

All retired team

PG Chris Childs
    SG Vernon Maxwell
    SF Ruben Patterson
    PF Dennis Rodman
    C Ben Wallace

markaz and Kurt like this.
  20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member