Money In The Bank PPV

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Jun 26, 2010.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

[​IMG]

July 18, 2010 - Sprint Center - Kansas City, Missouri

8 wrestlers To Be Announced for the SmackDown Money in the Bank ladder match

8 wrestlers To Be Announced for the RAW Money in the Bank ladder match

Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I hope Swagger gets the belt back. Just wish they would stop putting him over as a Modern Jericho clone.

3. Mike S.

More like a Kurt Angle clone, Jack just started using the anklelock a few weeks ago

Update Card:

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match:Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne vs. The Miz vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. Raw star TBA - (Winner earns right to challenge the WWE Champion at any time, at any place, for up to one year)

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Big Show vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler - (Winner earns right to challenge World Heavyweight Champion at any time, at any place, for up to one year)

Unified Tag Team Championship Match: The Hart Dynasty (c) vs. Jimmy and Jey Uso

WWE Women's Championship Match: Layla (c) vs. Kelly Kelly

4. andy82

Trying to turn Swagger into the next Angle isn't going to end well. I hate what they have done to Jake's gimmick because he was a cocky but happy heel, which made a change from the usual angry/sinister heel, but in typical WWE style they turned him into a bland Post-Y2J/Angle hybrid that just ain't working out so far.

The sooner WWE realize Kurt Angle cannot be cloned, the quicker they'll be able to get Swagger over.

5. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Why do they always feel the need to put Kane in these MITB matches????? That smackdown match looks pretty good w/out him in it.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Swagger needs a mouth piece and make it snappy

the guy is the future of the WWE until he opens his mouth.
    Ill not watch the PPV cause i already see it sucking

7. andy82

Designated Catcher. Although he wasn't too hot when Shelton Benjamin almost killed Kofi when everyone else managed to miss him.

8. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

can't believe they even made this PPV ruining the whole MITB theme of being a WM only event

they don't need to make Swagger an angle clone he does that so well himself lol probably the reason why they are trying lol

9. andy82

I kinda feel that, if done right, it would be better to have as a single event, seeing as it's been a big afterthought in recent Wrestlemania's (Almost acting as a way of having the best talent who aren't in feuds to get involved on screen).

I really hope they retain the concept of it being a way of pushing new guys (Although it did nothing for CM Punk both times), rather than just giving an oldie another title shot, because for me, that would kill the concept. Especially considering there are quite a few prospects that they have in the matches (Ted DiBiase, Morrison & Bourne in Raw. Kingston, Rhodes & Ziggler in Smackdown). Hell, I wouldn't mind even if Christian or Fatt Hardy won.

I'm kinda looking forward to see the MITB matches just to see who gets the pushes, but the rest of the card looks...crap.

Cena/Sheamus Cage Match? As much as I'm coming round to liking Sheamus, he hasn't quite got the ring skills yet to be able to carry Cena through a PPV bout.

Mysterio/Swagger could be decent, but with all this build up towards Swagger kicking his butt constantly, you know Rey's retaining.

Harts/Usos going to stink purely because they just don't have it...yet. I hope this is a squash match just to keep the Dynasty going strong.

Layla/Kelly Kelly is bad...even for a divas match. KK should never be allowed to wrestle, ever!

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

You fellers are funny. You really get into this crap don't you? To each his own.

11. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I am personally getting tired of all these new PPV's being named after Specialty matches

man it was much better when we only had 4 PPV's a year

12. andy82

If your hinting at us being marks, then your very mistaken ;)

I agree Mr. D, 4 PPV's are more than fair.

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Id love 4 PPVs a year. It would give them more time to develop stories and make them far more interesting.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed, but that doesn't bring all those pictures of dead presidents to the WWE. In their mind, if 4 is good, 10 is better.

15. Mike S.

updated card:

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Jack Swagger

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne vs. The Miz vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. Mark Henry - (Winner earns right to challenge the WWE Champion at any time, at any place, for up to one year)

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Big Show vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler - (Winner earns right to challenge World Heavyweight Champion at any time, at any place, for up to one year)

Unified Tag Team Championship Match: The Hart Dynasty (c) vs. Jimmy and Jey Uso

WWE Women's Championship Match: Layla (c) vs. Kelly Kelly

WWE Divas Championship Match: Alicia Fox (c) vs. Eve

16. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

don't we have a PPV every month that would mean 12 a year

17. andy82

Both wrong, there are 13 PPV's (Two in October: Hell in a Cell & Bragging Rights).

God knows how they still make money from all these PPV's, the only one's that are even worth consideration are Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Royal Rumble (They've raped Survivor Series recently).

18. Mike S.

Acutally, they are going to have Survior Series this year on November 21, 2010 at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida

19. andy82

Yeah, but they've so badly raped the concept that it's become a second rate PPV. However, if they keep the Nexus angle going for another four months then it could be a good way of wrapping it up.

20. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Hell in a Cell will be here in Dallas.

PT Barnum once said that there's a sucker born every minute. There are people out there who will pay money for a WWE PPV no matter who's in it because that's just what they do.