'My Mistakes' Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Jammin Jaguar, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Yeah, some of you may have had a nightmare this weekend and others may have had a gem. Pretty simple, who should you have started this weekend and who should you have dropped?

For me, in my Yahoo! league I had Tom Brady starting (who got me 1.8 points) and Brett Favre on the bench (who got 12 points). I also started Ricky Williams (who got 1.9) and sat Jerious Norwood (who racked up 15.9). Luckily in the Yahoo! league I still managed to win quite comfortably. Dallas Clark was dissappointing but he's the only TE on my roster.

In the NFL.com league, I started David Garrard (just 8 points) but Marc Bulger would have only have gotten 5 points if I'd had started him. My NFL.com team is pretty weak overall IMO so I can't really complain that I'm only six points behind Omen with D-Mac to play.

So, who should you have started? Which mistakes did you make on opening weekend?

2. happ

happ PECAVI

I had Dante Stallworth AND Braylon Edwards...Stallworth didn't play and Edwards forgot how to catch the ball.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Started Jabar Gaffney in a couple of leagues. I figured since he was promoted from #4 to #3, and with defenses trying to cover Moss and Welker better, he'd be the ultimate sleeper pick.

And that's why I won't quit my day job :icon_confused:

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Clinton Portis was my only real bust of week 1. Here was my starting lineup...

Drew Brees
    Randy Moss
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Clinton Portis
    Earnest Graham
    Tony Gonzales
    Calvin Johnson
    Ryan Grant
    Jeff Reed
    Pittsburgh D
    Patrick Willis

I played against Michael Turner and Marion Barber so needless to say I had a rough week. I need Ryan Grant to play like a crazed maniac tonight...

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Benched Mcnabb for Rodgers, partly cause of all the so called experts predicting a big week for Rodgers and partly to not jinx 5. Tonight will tell how bad a mistake it was.
    Also sat Hines Ward (22 fantasy pts.) and played Tory Holt(0 fantasy points) KNOWING he played the three headed monster of Sheppard/Brown/Samuel

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I started Laurence Maroney over Matt Forte. :ranting:

As long as Ryan Grant doesn't get more than 11 points, I'm alright...

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i started two cleveland browns in my money league =(

8. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I started Graham over Forte.

In one of my leagues, I need Greg Jennings to get me 10 points for a win. In another, I need 8 from the Vikings D.

9. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

had a good week. i started both michael turner and willie parker. my only "mistake" was starting brady over kurt warner

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dident have any big mistakes but i should have started chris johnson he was a beast.

Something i did that was great was start desean jackson 16 points for all the haters lol.

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Ughhh, where do I begin

I started Deuce McAllister after NFL network reported he was active for the game. (Lots of confusion on their gameday show about it). I left Edgerrin James on my bench. Edge would've gotten me 17 points (we get partial points for carries and full points for yards) and I lost by 15.5. In my other two leagues I won despite sub par receiving performances (Wes Welker).

12. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

Drafting Forte and starting McGahee instead of him...

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The only "mistake" I made was Fred Taylor over Forte, and although Forte of course scored more, I still don't think it was a mistake at the time I made the decision. Now, however, considering JAX's Oline worries, Forte is locked in for week 2. Other 2 leagues I didn't make any starts I regret, and I went 3-0. Would have been 2-1, but thanks to the Raiders D scoring -7, I eked out a 4 point win over Sweets in GIF Keeper league, which is easily my weakest team.

14. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I started Carson Palmer over McNabb in a Yahoo league. In my money league I started Minnesota Defense over Chicago......Would probably have done the same thing 99 out of a 100 times but it screwed me royally because I lost by 1 friggin point.

15. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Well.... Not only do I think I made the biggest mistake out of us all, I think I made the biggest mistake out of anyone over the whole season - Dropping Ronnie Brown.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sat Ricky Williams, Carson Palmer, Antonio Bryant.

Started Steve Smith, Santonio Holmes, Matt Hasselbeck.

Silly me...

:icon_rolleyes:

UGH!!!!!!!

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i hecked up and didnt pull maroney or fargas out of my money league lineup
    =(

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

That is a royal heck up....:skull:

19. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I started the Pats D over the Niners D. Good news is I'm still looking at a chance to win if Chambers has an OK game.

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sat Ronnie Brown in one league, but hey, why would I have started him over Lynch, Barber, or Forte? Despite his 39 points for my bench, it was still a good decision at the time. Still won going away.