My Mock Draft #4

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Apr 17, 2011.

1. 1. Carolina Panthers

[​IMG]

QB Cam Newton (Auburn)

[​IMG]

Players at the position- Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike

Cam Newton comes in with alot of talk. On the field and off he is arguably the most interesting draft prospect. Having only played one year at Auburn has some scared, his off the field issues also scare many. He is full of athletic ability and has a strong arm. The Panthers have a need as Clausen was garbage as a rookie and showed nothing worth developing. Pike is a very raw 2nd year player who didn't really play as a rookie.

2. Denver Broncos

[​IMG]

DT Marcell Dareus (Alabama)

[​IMG]

Players at the position- Kevin Vickerson, Louis Leonard

Dareus was a big time player at Bama. Playing 3-4 DE in Bama's scheme he projects to DT in the 4-3. Dareus lived in opponent's backfields when healthy. He is widely viewed as one of the top players in the draft. The Broncos are very thin at the position. Vickerson is likely locked into one spot as he played very well last year.

3. Buffalo Bills

[​IMG]

OLB Von Miller Texas A&M

[​IMG]

players at the position- Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Arthur Moats, Aaron Maybin Reggie Torbor, Antonio Coleman, Danny Batten, Jammie Kirlew

Miller is a great prospect and the Bills have lacked an elite pass rusher since moving to the 3-4 defense. Miller with his speed and athleticism would really help the Bills defense.

4. Cincinnati Bengals

[​IMG]

WR AJ Green (UGA)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Chad Ochocinco, Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell, Shay Hodge

Ochocinco is no longer really the same player he once was. In fact, he was outplayed last year by Terrell Owens, currently a free agent. Chad wants out of town so it is likely the Bengals realize he is more trouble than he is worth a grant his request. Jerome Simpson is a guy worth keeping an eye on. AJ Green would give the Bengals a great playmaking WR who is arguably the best WR to come out of the draft since Calvin Johnson.

5. Arizona Cardinals

[​IMG]

QB Blaine Gabbert (Missouri)

[​IMG]

players at the position- John Skelton, Derek Anderson, Richard Bartel, Max Hall

Gabbert is a good QB and the Cards have been desperate for a QB since Kurt Warner's retirement. Apparently the Bidwell's (the Cardinals owners) went to Gabbert's pro day, something they rarely do. In addition if the Cards don't upgrade at QB soon Larry Fitz wants out.

6. Cleveland Browns

[​IMG]

WR Julio Jones (Alabama)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Mohamed Massaquoi, Joshua Cribbs, Brian Robiskie, Carlton Mitchell, Jordan Norwood, Demetrius Williams, Jonathan Haggerty, Rod Windsor

Jones has the speed, intangibles, and route running ability to be a franchise #1 WR. No other WR on the Browns roster can say that. The Browns really do lack a legit #1 target and Jones would give them that. If they truly believe in QB Colt Mccoy they must give him weapons to succeed.

7. San Francisco 49ers

[​IMG]

CB Patrick Peterson (LSU)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer, Tarrell Brown, Tramaine Brock, Phillip Adams,

What fantastic value. Wow! Arguably the best player in the entire draft I'm sure S.F. would be doing back flips if they get Peterson. Peterson would fit right in as a starting CB and a great PR.

8. Tennessee Titans

[​IMG]

DT Nick Fairley (Auburn)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Jason Jones, Tony Brown, Jovan Haye, Sen'derrick Marks, Malcolm Sheppard

Not a big fan of Fairley but this is great value here. My favorite team also hired Fairley's D.line coach from Auburn, Tracy Rocker. If anyone can let the Titans know what Fairley is like it's likely Rocker.

9. Dallas Cowboys

[​IMG]

OT Tyron Smith (USC)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Marc Colombo, Robert Brewster, Sam Young, Jeremy Parnell

Smith is a very athletic OT who can play on either side. He is seen as the top OT in the draft.

10. Washington Redskins

[​IMG]

QB Jake Locker (Washington)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Donovan Mcnabb, John Beck

Locker seems to fit what Shanahan looks for in a QB. Mcnabb is as good as gone and Beck would be lucky to even be a #2 QB. Opinions of Locker are very mixed and while having a bunch of potential people knock his pocket presence and pocket accuracy.

11. Houston Texans

[​IMG]

OLB Robert Quinn (UNC)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Connor Barwin, Tim Jamison, Jesse Nading

DC Wade Phillips needs his Demarcus Ware. Quinn is athletic and strong at the poa. He has the requisite athletic skills to be a great OLB.

12. Minnesota Vikings

[​IMG]

CB Prince Amukamara (Nebraska)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffin, Chris Cook, Asher Allen, Simeon Castille, Marcus Sherels, Cord Parks

The Vikings take the great value pick here. Winfield is aging, Griffin is coming off of two years of knee injuries (beat writers have suggested he could move to safety). Amukamara is a great cover man and would be a great understudy to Winfield.

13. Detroit Lions

[​IMG]

OT Anthony Costanzo (Boston College)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Jeff Backus, Gosder Cherilus, Jason Fox, Tony Ugoh

Costanzo is a big time OT. He can play either spot and the Lions are desperate to protect franchise QB Matt Stafford.

14. St. Louis Rams

[​IMG]

DE Aldon Smith (Missouri)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Chris Long, James Hall, George Selvie, Eugene Sims

Smith is a very athletic DE who has alot of potential. Coach Spags loves his athletic DE's and should boost a pass rush that only has Chris Long on the d.line as a legitimate pass rusher.

15. Miami Dolphins

[​IMG]

QB Christian Ponder (FSU)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Chad Henne, Tom Brandstater

The Fins seem to like Ponder who is athletic with an accurate arm. He is a local guy and the Fins seem ready to turn the page on the Chads. (Pennington and Henne)

16. Jacksonville Jaguars

[​IMG]

DE Da'quan Bowers (Clemson)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Austen Lane, Aaron Kampman, Larry Hart, Derrick Harvey, Jeremy Mincey

Bowers is a great prospect but has a bad knee. The Jags can afford the risk as Bowers, a former top 10 pick, is great value here.

17. New England Patriots (f./Oak.)

[​IMG]

DE J.J. Watt (Wisconsin)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Ron Brace, Marcus Stroud, Brandon Deaderick, Kade Weston, Darryl Richard, Landon Cohen

Watt would give NE the elite option at DE they've been missing since trading Richard Seymour.

18. San Diego Chargers

[​IMG]

DE Cam Jordan (Cal.)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Luis Castillo, Vaughn Martin

Jordan would give the Chargers a great option at DE. An in state guy, he is a great prospect at 18. He is a great run stopper nut he can get after the passer quite a bit, especially for a 3-4 DE.

19. New York Giants

[​IMG]

OG Mike Pouncey (Florida)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Chris Snee, Rich Seubert, Shawn Andrews, Mitch Petrus

The Giants interior is aging. They could use some youth and Pouncey could provide that. Seubert doesn't have long left. Andrews is likely to be cut. Who knows how close Petrus is to getting on the field?

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

[​IMG]

DE Ryan Kerrigan (Purdue)

[​IMG]

players at the position- Kyle Moore, Alex Magee, E.J. Wilson, Doug Worthington, George Johnson, Brandon Gilbeux

Kerrigan is a great DE prospect. He may only be a LDE but I think a few teams might risk putting him at RDE. He is a guy with a high motor who is just a great football player.

21. Kansas City Chiefs

[​IMG]

OT Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Branden Albert, Bobby Greenwood

Carimi fits in as a Pioli type player. Carimi is a RT which is just what the Chiefs need. RT has been a problem for the Chiefs and Carimi would fix the trouble spot.

22. Indianapolis Colts

[​IMG]

OT Nate Solder Colorado

[​IMG]

Other players at the position- Ryan Diem, Jeff Linkenbach, Joe Reitz, Mike Tepper, James Williams, Casey Bender

Solder is an extremely athletic OT. He is really raw and will require some work but once he gets his technique down he could be a great player. The Colts have been missing a LT for years.

23. Philadelphia Eagles

[​IMG]

CB Jimmy Smith (Colorado)

[​IMG]

other spots available- Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Trevard Lindley, Jorrick Calvin, Brandon Hughes, Gerard Lawson, Isaiah Trufant

Smith would give the Eagles another CB. They need someone to play across from Samuel.

24. New Orleans Saints

[​IMG]

RB Mark Ingram (Alabama)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell, Chris Taylor

Ingram is great value. The Saints have quite an impressive group of RB's already but Ingram is too great value to pass here. This could give the Saints the chance to trade away a RB or just keep all of them and figure out some sort of time share.

25. Seattle Seahawks

[​IMG]

DT Corey Liuget (Illinois)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Colin Cole, Kentwan Balmer, Jay Alford

The 'Hawks are missing a great DT. Liuget would be great value here. The Seahawks need a great DT and no QB is really worth taking here.

26. Baltimore Ravens

[​IMG]

DE Muhammad Wilkerson (Temple)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Haloti Ngata, Cory Redding, Paul Kruger, Lamar Divens, Arthur Jones, Albert Mcclellan

The Ravens have shown a ton of interest in Wilkerson. They could use an upgrade across from the games most dominant 3-4 DE. Wilkerson is a great prospect as a 3-4 DE lacking only physicality.

27. Atlanta Falcons

[​IMG]

DE Justin Houston (UGA)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- John Abraham, Kroy Biermann, Chauncey Davis, Jamaal Anderson, Lawrence Sidbury, Emmanuel Stephens

Houston is a great DE prospect. Be it at LDE or RDE. He is a local guy, something the fans would love, and the Falcons have a need at both spots.

28. New England Patriots

[​IMG]

OLB Brooks Reed (Arizona)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Tully Banta-Cain, Jermaine Cunnigham, Rob Ninkovich, Rob Moore, Marques Murrell

Reed is a great pass rusher and he has really risen up draft boards after some great workouts.

29. Chicago Bears

[​IMG]

OT Derek Sherrod

[​IMG]

other players at the position- J'marcus Webb, Frank Omiyale, Herman Johnson, Levi Horn

Sherrod is a very solid OT. He can likely play on either side and would instantly upgrade the Bears front five massively.

30. New York Jets

[​IMG]

DE/ NT Phil Taylor (Baylor)

[​IMG]

Other players at the position- Mike Devito, Sione Puha, Ropati Pitoiuta, Jarron Gilbert, Lorenzo Washington, Marcus Dixon, Carlton Powell, Martin Tevaseau

Taylor would really help the Jets at DE. Even if they resign Shaun Ellis they still need help at NT. Taylor can play at DE and at NT.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers

[​IMG]

CB Aaron Williams (Texas)

[​IMG]

Other Players at the position- Bryant Mcfadden, Keenan Lewis, Crezdon Butler, Donovan Warren

Williams would be a great pick here. He can play some FS as well but I think the Steelers would like him at CB.

32. Green Bay Packers

[​IMG]

OG Danny Watkins (Baylor)

[​IMG]

other players at the position- Josh Sitton, T.J. Lang, Evan Dietrick- Smith, Marshall Newhouse, Nick Mcdonald, Adrian Battles

The Pack continue to build their o.line with a hard nosed player from Canada in Watkins. He hasn't been playing football for long but he definitely has a bunch of potential.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sigh again no round two? tisk tisk.

Interesting draft. I like the idea of Ponder but it would have to be a trade down.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Ponder seems to me like a really good fit for Miami actually.

I respectfully disagree with the selection the Browns would make if the draft went this way.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im really learning to embrace Tyron Smith

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i like aaron williams, if hes not the corner we need he should certainly be an upgrade over clark at FS.

ill post a 2-3 rounder later i think

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Love Aaron Williams there.

7. haha what is it with you guys and round 2? *sigh* I'll do a round 2 over the weekend. :)

8. What do you see them doing? Going with Fairley?

9. I could definitely see the Dolphins trading down maybe to the 20's? I bet Atlanta would love to trade up.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm convinced they won't pass on Peterson if he's there even though it's not their biggest need. He's the best player in the draft IMO, and exactly what the Browns need is to get lucky for once and have a star like him fall into their laps. I think it's unlikely and he's gone by 6 though

11. who would take him in the top 5? That's the issue.

so you think the Browns will basically go BPA?

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

its criminal if peterson slips out of the top 5....denver and az seem most likely to me.

i think AZ would go for ponder, locker, mallet, or maybe stanzi or kaepernick in a trade up to the back of the 1st or just at their pick at the top of the second.

i really dont get the hype on gabbert...he and newton must be the biggest andrew luck fans ever, gabbert doesnt even crack my top 40 players, newton falls in my top 20....meanwhile peterson sits at #1

13. Mr.Alligam

Mr.Alligam Rookie

Not that I agreed with him being with him being a 1st Rd pick in the first place, but I can't see Phil Taylor going anywhere near that with the report of his bones growing together in his feet.

Pair that with his size, you have stress fractures that can keep him off the field...

14. Denver= Dareus imho

AZ= I could definitely see that as well.

the problem is they don't like all of them. (we have no idea which they do and don't)

agreed on them being Luck fans haha

I can understand the hype but I wouldn't take a QB in the top 10 this year.

15. the report is being refuted all over the place.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Baylor NT Phil Taylor's foot condition is not a death knell for his draft stock.
    "When you talk to NFL teams, they don't seem overly concerned," Schefter said on SportsCenter Monday. Taylor is "still the top nose tackle in this draft." NFL Network's Mike Mayock believes pretty strongly that Taylor will go in the first round, and we trust him.

Source refutes report about Phil Taylor's feet | National Football Post