My Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by LitesOut13, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Greetings everyone. Im new here, first post. Let me know what you think of my mock draft. Thanks!

1. Kansas City Chiefs- Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
    3. Oakland Raiders- Shariff Floyd, DT Florida
    4. Philadelphia Eagles- Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
    5. Detroit Lions- Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
    6. Cleveland Browns- Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU
    7. Arizona Cardinals- Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
    8. Buffalo Bills- Geno Smith, QB West Virginia
    9. New York Jets- Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU
    10. Tennesse Titans- Chance Wormack, OG Alabama
    11. San Diego Chargers- Jonathon Cooper, OG North Carolina
    12. Miami Dolphins- D.J. Flueker, OT Alabama
    13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
    14. Carolina Panthers- Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
    15. New Orleans Saints- Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia
    16. St. Louis Rams- Kenny Vaccaro, S Texas
    17. Pittsburgh Steelers- Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame
    18. Dallas Cowboys- Sylvester Williams, DT North Carolina
    19. NY Giants- Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida State
    20. Chicago Bears- Menelik Watson, OT Florida State
    21. Cincinnati Bengals- Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia
    22. St. Louis Rams- Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia
    23. Minnesota Vikings- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee
    24. Indianapolis Colts- Desmond Trufant, CB Washington
    25. Minnesota Vikings- Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame
    26. Green Bay Packers- Eddie Lacy, RB Alabama
    27. Houston Texans- Robert Woods, WR USC
    28. Denver Broncos- Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State
    29. New England Patriots- Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
    30. Atlanta Falcons- D.J. Hayden, CB Houston
    31. San Fransisco 49ers- Margus Hunt, DE SMU
    32. Baltimore Ravens- Matt Elam, S Florida

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Eifert over Patterson is a travesty

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

God, when will people realize that Fluker will not be a Dolphin, he doesn't fit and is fat with terrible feet.

4. K Train

Fluker is not fat and his feet are not terrible. His feet are a bit heavy, but hes very underrated at the second level and his 37 inch arms and ridiculous 90 inch wingspan make up for that heavy footedness. I think hes an underrated prospect by the media but a much higher player on teams boards...not saying he'll go to miami, but the range seems about right

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Fluker doesn't fit a zone scheme at all. He is not going to be an instant success.

6. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Fact is the Dolphins have a huge hole to fill with Jake Long leaving. Their numbers were terrible with him gone and if they wait to take an OT, they will be screwed.

And from what I have seen, not many are sold on any WR in this draft. I could certainly see them going Patterson but getting Eifert still gives Big Ben another weapon in his offense. Its either that or they go LB

7. K Train

I don't know why everyone automatically assumes that Fluker isn't a fit to play in a zone scheme.

1. He played in a zone scheme at Alabama, not quite the same with all those first and second round picks around him but its a zone scheme nonetheless

2. He's a much better athlete than a guy like Tyson Clabo, who was a pro bowler at RT for Atlanta in a zone scheme

1st thing you need to realize is that he has played the last couple seasons at or over 340, because that's what Alabama required of him.

2nd, he could play LT, but he wasn't required to because of who Bama has had there.... Jones was a multiple year starter and Cyrus Kouandjio is going to be a very high pick next season. Similar to Tyron Smith and Matt Kalil

Now consider him physically, he is just as athletic as Joeckel (& 30Lbs heavier), he is athletic enough to move with some of the best pass rushers in this draft (watch him against Mingo,Montgomery,Moore and Jones for reference)... and he also has considerable arm length advantages on all the top OTs in this draft.

He is a dominant run blocker, go watch him move John Jenkins vs. Georgia if you want to watch how powerful he is. He is the best run blocker we've seen the past 2-3 years at tackle (probably since jake long, maybe loadholt).

He is nasty in the run game, go watch his tape and see how many times he gets the last touch on a play, he gets under opponents skin and plays every single play with aggression, you may think this is a common trait amongst all Olineman, but it is not, this is rare . He is relentless and is constantly getting movement at every level.

If you look at his body composition... he has the best lower body as any of the top tackles, he can hold significant weight in his lower body and is wide and thick through the hips and waist. In order to be successful in today's nfl you need to play at 320 on the edge. D'Brickashaw was barely an above average tackle until he put on that weight, and was completely useless in the run game.

Now you gotta look at his weaknesses, most of which are correctable....

He is too aggressive in his pass sets, you can tell this by how he is coming into contact. He needs to sit back and use his length more. He is trying to stone guys at the line, which won't happen at the next level. He needs to become more of a counter-puncher. Luckily he has the ability to do so.

Another weakness is that he is simply too heavy right now to play on the Left. But when you look at his body you can tell that he has the ability to move on the blindside. He has the leg length to recovery step, which is actually the biggest factor on deciding if a tackle can play on the left. If you can't pop and reset after getting even with the End you are simply going to be a bad OT. He has and has shown the ability to do this.

He lunges too much and doesn't get his hips under him in his run sets either, as he has been able to simply grab and push, and up til this point he has been able to get away with it because he is just stronger than everyone else. Once you get him rolling his hips into his blocks your gonna see him on the ground a whole lot less, that's the cause of his problems in that area, and is extremely fixable. But again, look at the success he has had without doing this.

Finally, and this is probably the biggest factor is that if he can't play on the Left he has 2 other ways to impact your team. Both at RT and OG. His physical stature and mentality allows him to be extremely versatile with where you can possibly play him. He is aggressive and relentless and is strong enough to play both of those spots. I don't think you could move any of the other tackles into guard and have the same type of success that you would if you moved Fluker.

All that said, he does not fit every scheme.... and would likely not even be a top 5 tackle for the zone base schemes, but he definitely CAN play in that scheme and do it at a high level.

But he clearly has the physical tools to be more than successful wherever he plays. You could also argue that some of his shortcomings are more easily correctable than some of the guys currently ranked higher than him on many boards. Your not ever gonna be able to teach Joeckel to be more athletic, or teach Fisher to have better weight distribution in his lower body.

Asa guard hes every bit as impressive as Iupati, probably even better. Stronger, better leverage, longer arms, better hands placement.

People are really underselling how good Fluker can be at guard too. He has the tools to legitimately be the best guard in football. We all know he's phenomenal at moving people off the ball, he's not going to get overpowered at the point and is gonna be able to handle just about anybody inside with that ridiculous length. If there's an interior OL that's in the league currently or coming into the league that's capable of being a nightmare for JJ Watt, I think it's him with those 37" arms. I love Warmack but Fluker's upside at guard is as good as it gets. We could see 3 of the top 5 guards in the league with Cooper, Warmack, and Fluker....but the difference is fluker can actually play at tackle. He would be awesome in miami as a RT and move Jonathan Martin to the left

Obviously im a huge fan of fluker, id like to convert at least one other person to see how dominant he can be....but you cant just look at his weight and assume hes just a fat slob. Weve never seen a 335 pound fluker move around, only the 350-370 pound one..Fluker would be an ideal LG in a ZBS (w/Righty QB) as you require your LG to man up the 3 technique a lot of the time, without any help.... especially on naked boots

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah, no the Dolphins were not. Martin did better as a LT and that means they can sign a guy like Winston after the draft.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Slow feet is not correctable. He had a hard time at Bama with speed rushers and it only gets worse in the NFL. As a OG, I would take him in round two, not in the 1st.

10. K Train

hes got heavy feet though, his actual footwork is actually great....the heavy feet is countered by his length and his weight loss will surely help.

I hate to disappoint you but i think fluker to miami has picked up considerable steam, to the point that i wouldnt rule it out lol

11. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

With Long on the field in the past five seasons, the Dolphins allowed a sack every 16.2 drop backs, compared to every 9.6 drop backs with him off field.

So with Long in the lineup, the Dolphins went nearly twice as many dropbacks without giving up a sack. When healthy, Jake Long is one of the better LTs in the game

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Good, so you've watched them play without Long this past year?

13. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

No, I have not watched every single game. But stats are stats

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Stats are misleading and tell maybe 1/3 of the story.

15. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

That is true, but not all the time. They may have been better in the run, but it couldn't have been by much. Like I said, a healthy Jake Long is top 5 at worst LT. They need offensive line help I think more than anything. Considering they lost their starting LT and RB this offseason, they need to get someone there that will help Tannehill or he will be on an island

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

They have Martin who is better at LT than RT and bulked up 18 lbs of muscle so far this offseason. At RT they could have John Jerry who is better at tackle than guard and is better against lighter guys in pass protection. and if they don't like him they can either take Cooper if he is there or possibly trade down and take Pugh. The only tackle I see them taking is Johnson if he is there. Other options are Eifert and Rhodes. Besides, there are are a number of second round tackles that would serve better on the right side later on, so reaching for a RT who doesn't fit isn't likely.

17. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Well I do think he fits. I don't think Rhodes should go that high. Might be smart to go up and grab a guy like Johnson or Warmack

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Oh and Miller played hurt last year and did better than Bush in terms of YPA. Trust me man, Fluker doesn't fit what Philbin and Ireland look for in a football player. He had a problem pass protecting all year, and the Dolphins aren't looking for that.

19. K Train

rhodes will not make it out of florida, im very confident of that. The drop off between him and milliner is minimal, milliner has better zone ability but rhodes SHAMES him in bump and run

20. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

Mock draft post Revis trade to Tampa Bay....

1. Kansas City Chiefs- Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
    3. Oakland Raiders- Shariff Floyd, DT Florida
    4. Philadelphia Eagles- Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
    5. Detroit Lions- Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
    6. Cleveland Browns- Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU
    7. Arizona Cardinals- Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
    8. Buffalo Bills- Jonathon Cooper, OG North Carolina
    9. NY Jets- Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU
    10. Tennessee Titans- Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
    11. San Diego Chargers- Chance Warmack, OG North Carolina
    12. Miami Dolphins- Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St