My Redskins Views

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by PSID412USM, Apr 24, 2013.

1. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

A few weeks ago I take about what the Redskins should look to do this offseason. Well free agency had been going on well over a month so I thought I give a quick review of things plus who I would take with the 7 selection the Redskins have in the 2013 draft

Free Agency

QB
    Well Sexy Rexy was indeed resigned and along with him a contract was given to former second round pick Pat White. White who basically was out of the league last year had some fans claiming we could get rid of Cousins in a trade. Personally I think that White will likely be cut before a meaningful snap is taken and we will roll with RG3, Cousins and Grossman

RB/FB

Darrell Young was resigned and I couldn’t be happier as one of the top young FB back in the fold.

WR
    Nothing to see moving on

TE
    Fred Davis got a one year deal and I feel comfortable with that. So now we have to see if he can left the season

OL

Now I will change one thing I said in my original post and that is we take a RT. I forget that last season in round 5 we took Tom Compton who I think will get a shot to start. Plus they resigned Jeremy Trueblood, Tony Pashos as well as Tyler Polumbus and I feel one of those will back him up. We also resigned Kory Lichtensteiger to help as well. I feel like we need to add a Center since we really only have one.

DL

Well we resigned Golston and tendered Baker so I feel like we are set at linebacker.

LB
    The Redskins lost Lorenzo Alexander to the Cardinals but they did resign Rob Jackson and in a move I like they added Darryl Tapp of the Eagles I think he will be able to make the adjustment to outside linebacker. I also like that London Fletcher will return as we need his veteran present.

CB/S

We resigned DeAngelo Hall to a much better 1 year deal and added a nice young corner in E.J Biggers. I think Morris will be able to get the best out of him. Nothing added at safety so!

K/P

We resigned Rocca still not completely happy about that but still.

So now we done that here is who I would take in the 2013 NFL Draft.

With the 51th Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Johnthan Banks – CB – Mississippi State

We start the draft with someone who can help us out with size and presence in the secondary

With the 85th Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Philip Thomas – Safety – Fresno State

He knows the system and to me he is our free safety of the future

With the 119th Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Shawn Williams – Safety – Georgia

Yeah we another piece to our secondary as need it

With the 154th Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Kenny Stills – Wide Receiver - Oklahoma

As I said we need an heir to groom behind Moss I think that Stills is that guy

With the 162nd Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Nico Johnson – Inside Linebacker – Alabama

While we have Keenan Robinson we should another inside linebacker since it’s likely Fletcher last season

With the 191st Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Mychal Rivera – Tight End – Tennessee

I don’t trust Paul to back up Davis at tight end Rivera would be nice addition to this.

With the 228th Pick of the draft the Washington Redskins select

Dalton Freeman – Center – Clemson

He may be on the small size lineman wise but he is a good fit in a zone blocking scheme that we run!

So there you go my thoughts who should be taken by the Redskins I be back soon to talk about it.

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think they will take swearinger,unless there is somebody they fell in love with is still there when they pick 51st,maybe a guard or tackle they feel they can't pass up.i would not be shocked if later on they take a rb or a wr,maybe even the qb from Michigan,robinson and used him to return kicks and take Brandon banks place!