NFL Midseason Awards: MVP

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ravenfan52, Oct 29, 2008.

?

Who has been the NFL's Most Valuable Player through 8 weeks?

1. Drew Brees

33.3%
  2. Kurt Warner

16.7%
  3. Philip Rivers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jay Cutler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Brett Favre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clinton Portis

50.0%
  7. Adrian Peterson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Michael Turner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Andre Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I went on NFL.com and got the league leaders for passing yards, rushing yards, and receiving yards, and I took away a few and I have 9 right now who I think are worthy. The sad truth is that you have to admit that players like L.T., Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, players who used to be top notch, just haven't been so far this year. Remember, it's about individual performances, not how they've led their team. My vote goes to......oh wow this is really hard...um......either Brees, Warner, or Portis.....Kurt Warner!

2. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

im sorry, maybe ii have the wrong guy, but i kinda thought we wereent gonaa see or hear from you anymore?

3. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Kurt Warner? You have to be crapting me. Brees will win it.

4. ravenfan52

yeah, i'm back, old news. now stop whoring in this football thread.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Right guy. Predictably he couldn't live without us

Stop talking like a Mod.... better yet stop talking...

Portis... his team would be in conversations along side the bengals and lions if he weren't on it

6. ravenfan52

This is not a prediction of who will win NFL MVP, it's about who you think so far is the MVP. I admit it was close with Warner and Brees, but Warner is like 36 and I've just been more impressed with his performance than I have with Brees'. By the way I realize I put 9 candidates up there and some probably don't stand a chance next to others, but I'd rather do this than have everyone saying "why isn't this dude on the list?" and all that other crap.

7. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

portis. hes the only thing keeping campbell from getting killed

8. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I have not idea what you wrote but here are mine.

MVP- Portis
    Off player- Brees
    Def player- Haynesworth
    Off rookie- Johnson
    Def rookie- Horton

You can't be freaking serious?:icon_rolleyes:

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

10. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Stupid list....some of them guys have NO buisness being on there. Where's Westbrook? Aaron Rodgers? Greg Jennings? Albert Haynesworth?

Most of the guys on that list are SO valuable that there teams are .500 or below. I'm not voting.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Absolutely!!! Betts/Cartwright certainly couldn't have gotten you down the field all those times and Campbell would have had to throw ALOT more, allowing D to focus more on pass defense. Probably would have about 5 or so INTs so far and I don't see you beating ANYONE.

Thought about snitching about no Westbrook but I realized A) I would be arguing w/ a moron and B) w/ two injuries and ALOT of missed time there is really no way you can make an argument FOR him being on that list.... unless your an Atlanta Falcon Def. lineman that is :eek:ther-twothumbsup:

12. Ridin Burgundy

Yeah they ain't as good as Portis but Betts still averages over 4ypc and would be a solid back. Campbell is far better than you give him credit for and would be able to win a couple of games and you seem to forget that we have one of the best defenses in the league this year.

I guess we would be going for the first overall pick is Portis was injured then:icon_rolleyes:

13. ravenfan52

Should've added Westbrook. My bad. Rodgers, eh, already had 5 QBs on there. Haynesworth can't be MVP. MVP is implied MVOP. Otherwise why would there be a DPOY? Jennings I was gonna but then I realized I already have so many ya know?

14. dolphindude13

I'd still take Westy over a QB that has his team at .500 or another QB that has a 3-5 record.....yeah that's valuable.

15. ravenfan52

FYI this was not a thread about who you think gets the midseason awards, just the MVP. and also there is no such thing as offensive player of the year. That's MVP. stop trying to create more awards. :icon_cheesygrin: And no such thing as offensive rookie. they just call that rookie with an implied offensive.

16. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Jennings should be up there. Take out Favre put up Jennings.

No there is an OROY of the year and DROY of the year. Adrian Peterson won the OROY of the year last year and Patrick Willis won the DROY of the year.

17. Ridin Burgundy

I agree about the QBs but I don't think Westbrook has played enough to be in MVP talks yet but i'm sure if he stays healthy for the rest of the season then he will be in talks of MVP.

18. dolphindude13

Rodgers over Rivers,Favre and Warner

Jennings is leading the league isn't he?

Yeah there is a DPOY.....last I checked there's an OPOY too. MVP should be the most valuable period regardless of position.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Betts gets a good number of those ypcs in split back formations where the D is cueing off of guess who. W/O Portis, Betts numbers would drop and having to take anywhere NEAR the load Portis is carrying and he would have broken down by week 3-4 MAX.

IMO yes, w/o Portis the Skins would be competing for the first overall pick

FYI... your an idiot

20. ravenfan52

It's all about stats here. I mean seriously it's not necessarily Rivers' fault that they lost all those games. I mean hell they just fired their DC, what does that tell ya? QBs don't win or lose every game for ya, awards are about inidvidual performances. don't give me that bs about not leading your team to a good record.