NFL Says Packers DT Anthony Hargrove Was Suspended For Lying

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jun 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

NFL general counsel Jeff Pash said Friday that former New Orleans Saints defensive end Anthony Hargrove, who received an eight-game suspension as part of the NFL's investigation of the Saints' "bounty" program, was not punished for taking or contributing money for hits, but for lying about the program itself. Pash's comments came in an interview with Mike Florio of PFT Live. On Tuesday, Hargrove claimed that a voice heard saying "Bobby, give me my money" on an NFL Films audio from the 2009 NFC Championship Game wasn't his. "I suppose you could watch anything enough times and come up with different conclusions, but we didn't discipline Anthony Hargrove for taking any money in the context of this program," Pash said. "What that videotape rather clearly demonstrates is two things: One, there was a program and it corroborates rather clearly that there was a program where a player could be rewarded for making a play that resulted in an injury to an opponent ... second, it demonstrates Mr. Hargrove's awareness of the program and his understanding that it existed, and it demonstrates that his statements to our investigators in early 2010 denying the program and saying there was nothing like that in existence were false. That is the basis on which the commissioner imposed discipline on Mr. Hargrove."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

lol, then half of the NFL players should be suspended, for saying that there are no bounties in the league

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Got that right, Olly

It's childish crap like this that muddies the whole purpose of what they say they're trying to accomplish. How about that this guy may not have wanted to be seen as 'the snitch'. Right or wrong...8 games? For lying?

There's your God complex in full bloom...

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

geeesh....are they seriously just making it up as they go along

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

The commish knows that he doesn't have to conduct this like a criminal investigations and have extreme proof. He just has have something to back up his version. And he has that. The lawsuits may or may not have an affect on anything. I doubt it. He is on a PR onslaught and we got caught in the middle. Personally I wish I wouldn't have to read or hear about anymore of this crap but there is nothing else to talk about right now. Bring on freaking Training Camp.