NFL Winners And Losers "Hall Of Fame Game Edition"

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Welcome to the first of what I hope to be many blogs about who I feel is the NFL's biggest winners and losers. The Hall of Fame game is the first true feeling that football is back in my opinion. Sure you got the NFL scouting combine and the NFL draft, but there is nothing like seeing these men line up. With the hope of a roster spot, you know the competition will be fierce. Let's go into who I chose.

Winner #1: Monte Kiffin

This man should not need any introduction. He has the Cowboy's defense looking sharp. They are playing with a fire under their butt. Aside from a few lapses, they took it to the Dolphins only using 2nd stringers while the Dolphins had starters out there. I can only imagine how good they will be when likes of DeMarcus Ware and Sean Lee. Good start to the year old man.

[​IMG]

Loser #1: Ryan Tannehill

Coming into this season, the Dolphins are looking to dethrone the Patriots. I have read all offseason that this kid was going to light it up this year. You have to do better than 2/5 for 11 yards. I am not impressed with your performance and nether should anyone else. You better wake up fast or you will see the sophomore slump this year.

[​IMG]

Winner # 2: Matt Moore

I dont know why but every year this guy looks like he could be a starter in this league. He made some nice throws. He went for 19-29 for 238 yards 1 td and 1 pick. The pick wasn't his fault. Had the receiver not dropped it, it would had been as good as expected for a preseason game.

[​IMG]

Loser #2: The Dolphin's Offensive line

We all know that games are won in the trenches. They simply didn't want it as much as the Cowboy's defensive line. There was lineman getting beat on a regular basis. You need to get back to practice boys. You're going be in for a long season if you don't improve.

Honorable Mention: The Cowboy's backup running backs

Joseph Randle and Phillip Tanner combined for 23 carries for 129 yards and 1 touchdown. It looks like they are very capable backups who could be starters one day.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Re: NFL Winners And Losers " Hall Of Fame Game Edition "

Tannehill wasn't that sharp but it's still early. Wonder how long of a leash he'll have if he doesn't step it up. Dallas d-line looked sharp I thought, be interesting to see how Kiffin's defense does throughout the season. I like Kiffin, not full of bravado like the other Ryan lol.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Under winners, I thought Cowboys DE George Selvie had a really good game. Two sacks. He could be a real steal.

4. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I was going to go with him as a stand alone but that whole defense was looking real good.

5. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I hope Selvie can stick with you guys. Ever since his All-American junior year, he has been ignored.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is in a good place right now. After Ware and Spencer we are thin. Wilber has looked great on the right side, but not very good on the left. Wilber should be Wares backup with Selvie having almost no competition for the left side, which seems to suit him better then the right.

He'll be on the 53

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Nice write up. Glad football is back!

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yep very good stuff man. Can't wait to read more.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Can you really call it a sophomore slump when they sucked butt freshman season?

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

That rookie Fredrick didn't look too shabby either. That Cowboys line leaned on Miami all night and the backs simply ran through the holes. You have to like that blocking if you are a fan of the running game.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

all preseason really is an open tryout for bubble guys and late round picks and free agents to make a roster.it don't mean crap till the wins and losses actually count.