NFL Winners And Losers "Pre-Season Week 2"

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Aug 25, 2013.

1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

The Hope and dreams of these privilege men making their respected teams is coming fast. One of these men brought an end of the quarterback battle that was going on in Philadelphia. While others continue to fail to produce. Let's get into this week's NFL Winners and Losers.

Winner #1- Tom Brady

The three time superbowl winner came into this week with some heath concerns and rumors he wasnt going to play. Shockingly enough, He did. I bet the Buccaneers werent happy as Tom Brady competed his first 11 passes and threw a touchdown. If you ask me, the Patriots are up to their old tricks.

[​IMG]

Loser #1- Alex Smith

I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt last week, naming him a winner of the week. How does he follow up? He played the first two quarters in seven series and fails to lead his team to a touchdown. Two field goals isn't cutting it. The sad part of it was alot of the time, he was playing against second stringers. You have alot to do before you make it on my winners list.

[​IMG]

Winner #2- Drew Brees

This guy looked sharp as he should. He completed 14/18 for 202 yards and 1 td. He also lead the Saints to another touchdown and 3 field goals. Drew Brees looks poised for another superbowl run. With Sean Payton back, you never know.

[​IMG]

Loser #2- Eli Manning

You almost made the losers list last week. I will cut you no breaks this week. Eli Manning looks terrible and is showing signs frustration. Going 8/17 for 91 yards and a pick is a far cry for the former superbowl mvp. You better step your game up if you want to be still considered an elite quarterback.

[​IMG]

Winner #3- Micheal Vick

You know your a winner in my book when you win your job. Nick Foles has been defeated by the guy I like to call "the fast qb." He looks much improved from last year and is running Chip Kelly's offense very well. The only question left to ask is can you stay healthy? If Micheal Vick does, the Eagles will score alot of points this year.

[​IMG]

Loser #3- The Viking's Offensive Line

No matter who is under center, your gonna get smacked around hard if you dont protect the quarterback. That group of linemen did a horrendous job from the jump street. You never want to start a game off giving up a sack. They surrendered many sacks and caused some sloppy play for the most part.

[​IMG]

Winner #4- EJ Manuel

Many people believed no quarterback was worth taking in the 1st round of this past draft. The Bills weren't one of them. EJ Manuel made his team proud. He looked very promising completing 10 of his 12 passes for 92 yards and a touchdown. I, like many of you, should be looking foward to what this kid does this year.

[​IMG]

Loser #4- The 49er's special teams

They have looked awful. A couple year's ago this was a big strength for this team. They are giving up too much yardage on kick returns, missing tackles, and missing field goals. They better improve if they wish to go on a superbowl run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R92BorFWe8]Touchdown Kansas City! - YouTube[/ame]

Winner #5- Brandon Weeden

I have a set of rules when drafting NFL hopefuls. Don't draft anyone 25 years old or older is one of them. He started looking like he could play in this league. Brandon Weeden went 8/12 for 117 yards and 2 touchdowns. He must continue to prove himself if he wants to be a starter in the NFL.

[​IMG]

Loser #5- The Chief's Offensive line

Andy Reid has to get those guys to do a better job. They allowed consistent pressure and gave up 7 sacks. That's not a good day for any starting quarterback. If this continues all year, expect Andy Reid to draft some young guys in the draft. He likes them early.

[​IMG]

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

This was really accurate. SF special teams play has been driving me crazy

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

A loser was the Cowboys special teams. Still bad.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This is aaaaawwwwweeeeesome. Great job.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lotta those "winners" became "losers" this week...lol.

Good stuff!

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Haha...I noticed that too.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can give you three losers for Week 3.

Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Rex Ryan.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Make Rex Ryan #1 and you got my vote.

9. Tarkus