NFL Winners And Losers "Week 1 Of The 2013-14 Season"

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Sep 11, 2013.

1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Wow! What a start to this season we had. We had some incredible performances and some not so much. It feels good that the regular season is here. Now let's leap into the list like Clay Matthews. Also if you like my work, u can follow me on twitter [MENTION=835]MadMoxxiFavGun[/MENTION]

Winner #1- Payton Manning

How can I deny the future Hall of Famer? Payton Manning has been doing this for a long time. He torched the Ravens like barbecue chicken. You had seven touchdown passes? Are you kidding me? You won your fantasy football game if you had him.

[​IMG]

Loser #1- Clay Matthews

No matter how you break it down, that was a uncalled for cowardly hit. What do you do for for an encore? You throw two punches. Im all for legal hits but when you see the quarterback running out of bounds, don't launch yourself at him. I understand you are mad and upset you couldn't touch Colin Kaepernick up to that point. You need to keep the integrity of the game intact.

[​IMG]

Winner #2- Colin Kaepernick and Anquan Boldin

Did these guys put on a show or what? I don't understand where all this talk that Colin Kaepernick can't be a pocket passer. If you look back to last year when he made his debut vs the Bears, he was amazing. I said this last year and I will say it again. He is raw as hell. There is no limit to his ceiling. It is up to him how he will go down in the history books. Not to be overlooked by Colin Kaepernick, Anquan Boldin also had an amazing game. The 49ers are thieves for getting him for a 6th round pick. He took over that game. It didn't matter how many people was on him. He still made plays all game. He showed these young guys how it is done at the age of 32.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240890/Week-1-Anquan-Boldin-highlights]Week 1: Anquan Boldin highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

Loser #2- Lavonte David

Your team is barely winning over the lonely Jets when you commit the mistake that cost your team the game. I wouldn't want to feel how you do now. You have to play smarter than Clay Matthews. You are younger than him and I believe you are more smarter than him. It is time for you to make it up young man.

[​IMG]

Winner #3- Reggie Bush

I told you guys not too long ago to watch out for this man. The Lion's should feel lucky to have Reggie Bush on their team. He is an outstanding weapon. His play alone should take some relief off of Megatron. He finshed with 25 touches with 191 total yards and a touchdown.

[​IMG]

Loser #3- The Jaguar's Offense

As many jokes as we crack about the Jets, they aren't worse than the Jaguars. It is simply sad to see an offense this bad. Blaine Gabbert is a bum. I would cut him and sign Vince Young in a heartbeat. This isn't Madden tho. You cant move the ball to even score a field goal. If they continue to play like this, they will make the Lion's feel better than that time they went 0-16.

[​IMG]

Winner #4- LeSean McCoy

I hear this guy is pretty good. I wouldn't have known that since Andy Reid doesn't like running the ball. Luckily for LeSean McCoy, Chip Kelly is his head coach now. It looks like he will get his chance to prove himself to be a top 5 running back in the league. Its going to be interesting to see how he does considering it looks like Chip Kelly wants to keep Michael Vick's passing attempts down.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000241674/Week-1-LeSean-McCoy-highlights]Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

Loser #4- Ben Roethlisberger

In the NFL, top tier quarterbacks make players look better than what they are. The Steeler's are hurt right now. Your center is gone for what seems to be the season. It is up to you to pull this team from one foot in the grave. You didn't look comfortable. We expect more from a 2 time superbowl winner.

[​IMG]

Winner #5- Robert Quinn

The 3rd year player had a big game for his team to beat the Cardinals.His pass rushing was rock solid. He recorded 3 sacks and 2 force fumbles. His sack numbers have gone up every year. I would be shocked if he didn't end up with 17 this year.

[​IMG]

Loser #5- Christian Ponder

I was a believer of Christian Ponder in his rookie year. I thought he could be a good starter in the NFL. He doesn't have it. He makes too many mistakes. He should be worried about his job considering he is the weakest link on the Viking's.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

That 30 yard td run McCoy had where he went right through middle of the field and made some cuts was a sweet play.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kaepernick/Boldin are the top duo in the NFL this season.

Clay Matthews - what a dumbbutt.

Peyton Manning's neck looked alright with 7 tds lol.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I think Brandon Jacobs should be a winner on this list because he gets to play football again!!!!

4. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

You think Matthews is a loser for the cheap shot? Heh, it goes beyond... I wish I had found this before submitting the PRs I write with TJ.

[​IMG]

Notice how he was in position to tackle Kap, yet he acted like an argentinean soccer player instead. What a cat.

5. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

It's funny. Jacobs didn't make a 53-team roster to start the season. His old team had to go through a season ending injury for a RB and a fumble-festival for another just to get a job, yet he feels it's ok to keep running his big mouth against San Francisco for suspending him.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Blaine Gabbert is so bad that you could have said the following and not be wrong: " I would cut him and sign Tim Tebow in a heartbeat."

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

[​IMG]

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:laughy18:

While that was a snitch move, it'd be like when Rodman came to the Bulls...hate him then loved him.

I'd take that Argentinian soccer player in a heart beat...