NFLDC's First Mock of The Year

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

It was Damian and I'm positive. Mike Williams lol... he's cursed.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

damien wont go in the first, not this year anyway

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I'd take Damien Williams - who is carrying that Trojans pass offense - ahead of him for sure

Other thoughts..

Carlos Dunlap - imo overrated but considering his measureable to Oak makes sense
    Taylor Mays - idont think Singletary would take him - unless he moves him down to LB? probably the most overrated player in CFB, will be flagged all the time for leading with ihs head creating helmet to helmet, i dont think his fundamental tackling is all that either, and he cant cover for crap he sits 20-30 yards back and head hunts
    Falcons wise, early part of the season i would have loved Joe Haden, but the more i watch him the more i see him get beat in ways and by people he imo shouldn't be getting beaten by. I also think the falcons need veterans, we dont seem to have the patience to allow a young CB to develop..if we take a CB early i would want it to be Arenas, but not sure where he projects(also falcons at 16 joker)
    Gresham - with his injury not sure if hes a 1st rounder
    Best - same as Gresham, im not sure if he will declare considering his injury

4. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Trying to figure out what Belichick will do in the draft is freaking impossible. He never does what you expect, and he has a different eye for talent than most. If he sees a player he feels is way under valued and available, he'll go that route irregardless of position. He hates to shell out big bucks for untested rookies, and would rather go with FA's to fill his needs. I feel we need pass rushers badly, and he should go that route. However, if a TE, OL,WR, or RB is available that he feels is a steal, he could go that way. Hinging on what he decides is the Wilfork signing, and how much that will cost, along with how all the new faces pan out this year, and what FA's are available to fill his needs.

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i can't say I like the Cowboys pick.. We're 3-4.. and we got some dude by the name of Ratliff. I would like an explosive DE to get around the edge, would free up DWare a lot more. Just don't know where we're weak at right now... to say I want anything else.. i love this team.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude Ratliff is no NT. He is better suited as a DE.

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

okay he still plays as DT, and kills it. why move him from where he's successful? you don't fix something that isn't broke. we need a fast butt pass rusher at DE

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If you have a real NT like Cody, he will eat up blocks so that Ratliff can shoot the gap and both can take up multiple blockers, thus allowing Ware to be free or one on one.

9. K Train

i really disagree....if he can register 8 sacks and be succesful as a full time NT, he would do incredible things with a mountain of a man next to him taking up 2 blockers

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I have a hard time trusting USC WR's. Other than Smith they havent been produsing quality at that position since Keyshawn and Johnny Morton. But as far as Williams goes he is not the typical big slow Key Lite like USC has been producing (Williams, Jarrett, Turner), so as far as a draft pick Im not opposed at all

11. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Kinda loses credibility a lil with me when they have Tebow going 14th overall. He's not an NFL QB and wont be a first round. Like us taking Lafell in the first, we need a reciever or corner there

12. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Half way through and the draft nicks come out. Only because more than half have nothing else to talk about. :icon_cheesygrin:

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The Jaguars expressed interest in Tebow, taking him in the 1st round wouldn't be a huge stretch of the imagination. Lafell would be a great pickup, despite your need for db, the Ravens need a wr as well.

14. K Train

we willl all be surprised on how high tebow goes....someone will give him a chance at QB, hes going to be the best college QB of all time. he wont work out great but he will interview great

15. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

There's no doubt in my mind that Al Davis will draft Taylor Mays..
    He's a has "RAiDERS" written all over him!

16. CStevenson13

Taking him that early, or just taking him in the first round period would be a huge stretch imo, He hasnt shown me anything that makes me think he's a nfl qb, if someone feels different and wants to give him a shot then fine, he'll be there in the second. Im not a Tebow hater, i think he's tough, great character, I jus think he's an h-back in the NFL.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

90% of these picks wont happen.

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think we really need to go OL or DB in the first round... with the depth in at the DT position we can pick a good one up in the 2nd. And WR can be addressed through few agency or later rounds. I'm thinking defensive back in the first is the best way to go... Either a playmaking safety, or a Cornerback. Think if we draft a cornerback in the first we will be set with Jenkins and the other CB for years to come. Scandrick has alot of trouble playing outside of the nickel corner spot. Iunno man alot of ways to go in the draft, i'm kind of getting pissed off about the upcoming draft.

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think we all agree he won't be good at the next level, but that doesn't mean a team won't take him in the 1st round. I don't think he should go in the first 5 rounds, but like K Train said we may be surprised when he's taken.

20. CStevenson13

I see what you guys are saying, all it takes is one team, i just dont think any team is that dumb lol