Nice Job, Rodgers....GTFO Jackson.....

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by FSUViking, Sep 9, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

I've always said that week 1 is the most overhyped, overblown game of the season. If you win, suddenly you're the best team in the NFL and you're Super Bowl bound. If you lose, you want to fire the coach, blow up the team, and looking towards next season. We all need to relax.

[size=10pt]HOWEVER...,[/size] that being said, my hat is off to Aaron Rodgers and Tarvaris Jackson can go heck himself. All the Jackson apologists can open the newspaper and see the stat line and say Rodgers didn't do much better than Jackson and you'd be full of crap. Rodgers looked like he belonged on an NFL field and Tarvaris looked like he belonged on an NFL sideline holding a league endorsed clipboard. Rodgers made good reads, excellent throws, showed composure, and freaking Christ....even ripped off TWO 20 yard runs. What did Jackson do? Hmmm....remember that movie awhile back with Heath Ledger, "How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days" or 10 ways to something or another....whatever. Well, ol TJack wrote a new script tonight. "19 Ways to Throw Incomplete Passes."

Honest to freaking God...Tapeh takes three steps past the line and Jackson throws at his shoelaces. Berrian goes deep and the ball is 20 yards past him. Out pattern? He one hops it. Crossing pattern? The ball is behind the receiver. Lets see if I can throw the ball through 5 Packer defenders to hit Rice on a crossing pattern.

And lets not forget that gem of a pass to end the game. Berrian is not even OPEN, as he was blanketed stride for stride down the sideline, barely even in-bounds, and he throws anyways and the ball is not even CLOSE to Berrian. That was the easiest INT Bigby will ever have in his life. It was right to him. Hell, he even had to break off his path to the sideline/Berrian because he would have to reach BACK for the ball as it went past him.

I'm beginning to think we have a vanilla, un-imaginative offense because Chilly and Bevell realize they can't do anymore with what they have. That also being said, feel free to give Adrian Peterson more than 19 freaking touches in a game, huh? When was the last time LT or Westbrook had a game with only 19 touches? We have arguably the most explosive player in the game and there's no reason he should EVER play a game where he doesn't have the ball in his hands, running or receiving, less than 30 times a game.

GAH!!!!! :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

2. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

I have to say - I am happy they didnt' give it to AP more! :icon_cheesygrin:

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

here here!!!

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

You have strange ways to relax, FSUV.

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Heath Ledger wasn't in How to Lose a Guy in 10 days. :icon_confused:

But yeah, Jackson played very poorly, and Aaron kept himself from scrutiny through week 1.

7. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

I wasn't aware I was relaxing...:icon_confused:

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

:dontknow:

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gotta agree. Jackson should go heck himself. He stinks.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

if it's of any consolation westbrook only had 21 touches sunday. :dunno:

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I was happy with TJack 2nd half performance and if he plays like he did in the 2nd half every week the Vikings are going to put some victories on the board... any kind of improvement is a positive move

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Wow Tavares had that "deer caught in the headlights" look on his face all through the game, he's pretty bad and trust me I know that look....Rodgers did a great job and to all those Packer fans who said they didn't want Rodgers, I bet this morning they are all Rodger fans.

14. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I agree viking Jackson won't be any good in this league IMO and he looked pretty clueless throughout the game. Each game he blows his confidence is gonna get worse and so will his play. Example (Alex Smith) I also agree that AP should be touching the ball more than 19 times in a game.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I'm doubting that is any consolation to him. :icon_cheesygrin:

16. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

congrats pack fans you got a good QB he did great hope he keeps it up he is now my fantasy starter.

17. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Tarvaris Jackson isn't a NFL QB.

You should've known that by now.

18. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

jackson is bad. he had some redeeming qualitirs last year, but he's bad!

19. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

you cant give AP the ball 30 times a game
    you're gonna kill him
    thats why youve got chester 'almost as good' taylor to support him

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jackson looked better in the second half, but this first game was less than impressive and if you keep feeding AP the ball 30 times a game, he'll be dead by Week 9. 20 touches isn't terrible...

You could give the ball to AP 100 times a game, if there's no pass game to help him - if defenses aren't afraid of T.Jack - they'll key on him and he'll be very unproductive. Just like the second half of last season.