Offense running fairly well - even without Gore

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by TDJets72027, Aug 14, 2007.

1. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/14/SP45RHOIG.DTL&feed=rss.49ers

2. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Running game looked alright, Clayton did not impress me much....Robinson looked a lil more fluid running the ball, but he needs to relax more...Hicks actually suprised altho I still don't like the idea of him handling the ball as a 2nd back.....

Good article TD..much better than the black uniform thread...

3. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

i was content with what hicks and robinson did. my only beef was with robinsons goal line plunge. he barely made it in i still think he needs to improve on finding a small crease and just plowing into it on the goalline. other then that didn't excpect much more during first preseason game

4. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

Clayton is very Barlow-esque I wasnt impressed with him at all. He likes to dance in the backfield and he doesnt hit the holes hard enough.

5. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Clayton did ok. Hicks is solid I think he just really had a bad year last year. And will be better this coming year. Michael Robinson has improved I look forward to seeing him get more carries in the preseason and getting comfortable.

6. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I saw him burrough into some holes like a fullback myself for 3 yards max..but the runs should have gone for 5-6 yards, instead it was like he was diving through the holes (if I remember correctly), so he had no chance to turn the runs into bigger gains..

7. 49ers121

49ers121 Portugal Mike

Yes thats a pretty good sum up of his performance. I dont see him making the team he will most likely go to the PS. Nolan see's something in him that we dont so maybe Hicks is the odd man out.

8. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Smith did look pretty comfortable out there during that game. He looked confident and made some very nice throws that were on target. He had some great passes to Arnaz Battle and Darrell Jackson. He played that game much better than I had expected him to. Mo Hicks also played pretty well during that game, he had a couple good running plays. Michael Robinson was okay too, it was nice to see him break through the goal line stand for a Touchdown.