Official Atlanta Falcons Thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, May 17, 2008.

1. happ

happ PECAVI

Nobody's seen him play in the pros, so I have to trust that the staff evaluated him and cut him due to a lack of skill, talent, or desire. He was a 6th rounder for a reason, no big loss, IMHO.

2. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I thought he was doing pretty good before getting injured last year but that was under the old regime. Hopefully he's not starting for the Patriots someday.

3. happ

happ PECAVI

We will be back to more zone blocking under the current staff, so I think McClure will be okay. Not spectacular, but he won't be the reason our line sucks. :)

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I am of the belief the O line will shock experts this season. McClure has been blown up at times, but he is a saavy vet with a lot of wisdom to impart to the younger guy. I was once calling for them to cut him. But now I'm glad he's still around.

5. happ

happ PECAVI

Agreed. My biggest concern is the youth of the left side. If they play even average, I think we could have a great season. I'm not expecting it, but I never expected a Super Bowl in 98, so I could be pleasantly surprised.

6. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I'm getting a little concerned that Sam Baker and Curtis Lofton haven't been signed yet. Camp is a couple weeks away.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Huh...

Have you ever second guessed yourself, other than this?

:beersign:

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Sure I have! What human being hasn't? Sheesh! :icon_cool:

9. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

They'll be signed. The hard one is out of the way.

10. happ

happ PECAVI

You know our front office, they'll throw a ton of money at these guys to get them in camp. Look at how quickly they signed Ryan.

11. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I hope so. They are both vital parts of the process this season.

12. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Anyone headed to Flowery Branch for training camp? I wish I could fly in for at least one weekend. Not sure about it this year though.

13. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I might drive up there and meet a friend of mine who lives in Gwinnett. We did that last year for one practice. Not sure if I'll be able to get away with the new baby and all.

14. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Article just posted about our birds. FYI.

CLICK HERE

15. happ

happ PECAVI

16. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Right on. I've been thinking they were going to do this.

17. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

18. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Can you imagine having two DT's on rushing downs that are both 350 + pounds?? (Grady Jackson, Rashad Moore) Nice! Get him in here!

19. happ

happ PECAVI

Baker was signed Friday night, looks like everybody is in for training camp. Imagine this, good news before camp. This is pretty foreign to us after last season.

20. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

No doubt. I was just watching some video of Coach Smith at the first practice. Good stuff. Seems we have us a real football coach back in the ATL! Great to see!

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO