Official Atlanta Falcons Thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, May 17, 2008.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Agreed. And Turner and the O line showed they have something to say about the naysayers around the league. I'm telling you folks, this O line is going to surprise people this year.

2. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

I hope they do.... lets see what happens

3. happ

happ PECAVI

4. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

So Ryan is now officially our starter.
    Can't say i am a big fan of it, sure he might be mentally strong but we arent saying that after he has had a year of beuing hit from every direction. I still think he should sit atleast a couple of games so our O-line can gel better and so he can stay upright more.

5. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I know it's just preseason but have you seen any of the games? He may have been sacked a couple of times in total. I think the Oline is better than you are giving them credit for. If he's not going to be knocked around there is no reason as to why he shouldn't be the starter. He outplayed the other QB's by a country mile.

6. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Yeh i've seen as much action as i could of the preseason - hard though with falcons never on uk tv. Ryan's looked good but to me it does seem abit dink and dunk...in however many plays he plays this coming game i want to see him throw a real long ball..just 1 but thats where the true test will come in this offense.
    I probably am hard on our oline but at the same time defenses will turn it up a notch in the regular season...im not hoping he will fail or anything but i'd prefer a more cautious approach to him starting.

7. happ

happ PECAVI

If anything, starting Ryan with the young guys on the OL makes sense in that the linemen will not have to adjust to a different starting QB from one week to the next. If they get used to how Ryan plays, we will have fewer penalties and should have better protection, as they will be able to anticipate where Ryan will roll out to, etc... If you have Redmond starting and then Ryan comes in midseason, there will be some adjustments they will have to make, and Ryan will be paying the price for those adjustments.

Also, nobody has shown themselves to be significantly better than Ryan, so let him learn on the job. I'll concede that Redmon might be better in the short term, but honestly, he hasn't shown much in the preseason that makes you say he's a vast improvement, and some would say that Ryan outplayed him.

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Dude!!! Dominque Foxworth for a 7th rounder???? STEAL!!! I love this trade!

9. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Agreed. If we sign him it will be a 6th. Still a great deal.

10. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I actually just shouted out loud YES!!

11. happ

happ PECAVI

Hey, love the Foxworth deal. At the very least, he should compete with Chevis until Houston comes back and be a good nickel back. Was anybody else surprised Taylor got cut?

12. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I was very surprised Taylor got cut. I would like to know their reasoning.

13. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I heard it was because he had too big of a mouth. Bad chemistry guy. But I only heard that after he was cut. Strange we never heard anything like that prior to his release.

14. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

They probably wanted to make sure Lofton was going to work out before letting Taylor go.

15. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I know this win was against the Lions... but, folks, the Falcons look GREAT compared to everything the national NAYSAYERS have been vomiting all off-season!

Turner = BEAST!
    O Line = SOLID!
    Ryan = SOLID!
    Defense = SOLID! (against the run, respectable for their 1st game against the pass)
    ST's = SOLID! (Elam 2/2)

What can anyone say? "Well it WAS against the Lions!" Come on!!! EVERYONE picked the Falcons to be the league 'cellar-dwellars'!! EVERYONE picked the Lions to win this game! And now EVERYONE that did so, must line up right here for their country-fried CROWE! LINE EM UP!

:) Go Falcons!

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

bring back Al Bundy

17. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

LOL! I'm suprised anyone remembers me having that avatar. That's funny.

18. happ

happ PECAVI

Great game. Can't wait to see them again next week. It was far better than I could have ever expected.

19. Stebo13

Stebo13 Starter

Yea it was sure a great game. Ryan honestly doesnt look like a rookie QB and Turner is just nasty. Those two looked a lot better today than i expected.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Michael Turner...WOW!