OK, Maybe Devin Hester Is the Best Kick Returner Ever

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Sep 30, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

OK, Maybe Devin Hester Is the Best Kick Returner Ever

[​IMG]

Why do teams still kick him the ball? How many more people need to be burned by him before they just let the ball go out of bounds? This guy is unreal in the return game. Can anyone think of a player who was this dominant EVER?

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Maybe Desmond Howard came close to him, while he played for GB. His return TD gave the Packers the momentum in SB XXXI

3. Spiderman34

Spiderman34 Starter

He came damn close to breaking a couple of punt returns for td's also.

Just sick.

4. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

coming close or brought back by penalty are just return yards ask duante hall.

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

does he have a shot at the hall of fame at this pace?

6. Guitarzan-54

Guitarzan-54 ONE COOL CAT

The guy is AWESOME. And about the ONLY thing worth watching during a BEARS game anymore.

And I'm Glad he's ours!

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

dues is freaking bad........bad as in good

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he is the crap.. i would say the best ever

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Cowboys handled him pretty well, didn't they?

Those "awesome" kick returners don't last. I remember Dante Hall taking like 5 returns for TD earlier in his career, and before last week he had gone like 3 years without one.

Hester has 2 years left...you'll see.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hester is sick, but it's too early to call him the best ever.

11. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

They kick to Hester, because they have to prove that they can stop him. It's a "macho" thing.

12. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Dante Hall is the only one I can think of that's close.....Desmond Howard too but...wow....he is amazing so far. Things are different now than "back in the day" when a kick returner was a wide reciever or dback first and return man second..
    Who was the first one to specialize in returns? Honestly though....there was a Bear that was better than Hester....can anyone guess who I mean?

13. NJeMKay

NJeMKay Starter

Hester is basically the Bears whole offense right now... Dudes definitely on his way to becoming the best ever

14. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

Only Sweetness!

15. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Hester's sick, but as Dawk said - It is Too early to call him the best ever.

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Nope....Sweetness didn't return Kicks my friend....there was this man named Sayers that "could" have been the best ever at....well...probably everything if his career hadnt been shortened.

17. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

who cares if he's the best ever..he's the best now..and thats what counts...for the bears...as the only way they can score most of the time..

18. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I think he is the best ever.

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Lol TDJ.....you only know about 4 possibilities for best ever....no offence...

20. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

Not the best ever right now, but at the rate hes goin it wont be too many more years