Open Letter To Fans From Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by 86WARD, Jul 9, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cavaliers: Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gilbert's an owner of Fathead and they've reduced the price of Lebron's fathead to $17.41. The year Benedict Arnold betrayed his country...

:laughy32:

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea I laughed at this last night, this dude let the emotions get the best of him.

p.s. He's full of crap

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I agree with you when you say he let his emotions get to him. BUt I dont blame the city of Cleveland for being mad. Its not like he gave them any heads up about leaving the team

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would like to see Cleveland win before Miami...that would be classic...

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I thought this was a joke when I saw it last night. Sounds like this has been brewing for more than a little while. I always knew the NBA was fixed, but Lebron and co. are turning into a straight reality show.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

a lot of people ar knocking Gilbert for this letter, but I love his passion and drive...maybe he let his emotions get the best of him a bit but he is driven to stick it to Lebron, just like LeBron did to Cleveland... that special last night was a big heck you to the city of Cleveland, and although money was made for charity he owes his home fans more than what he gave....if he wanted to leave Cleveland thats fine...but with the way he did it I hope he blows out a knee and can't even ;play next year....Screw You LeBron!

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

^ this...

I Laughed when the Browns left, was happy when the Browns came back. I laugh that the Cleveland fans are suffering. I think LeBron was a rod for the way he left in turn, love Gilbert's passion and hatred for the former King.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Rep, Mr. Gilbert.

In a world of texts & tweets, writing letters is a lost art nowadays... :icon_smile:

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Team Trinity unless they get very, very, very lucky wutgh vet minimums fillilng out Center and the 6th-12th man, would be lucky to take the Lakers or Thunder to 6 games

At this point they are a traveling show, not a real team

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

1. A top 2 player in the league didn't sign an extension before the end of his rookie contract. Really, that should have been a heads up.

2. He doesn't owe Cleveland crap. Not a damn thing. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks it was cold or thought it was tacky that he went on tv. He played out his rookie contract for the team that drafted him and moved on.

And heck this owner. Get a damn grip with yourself. My one year old doesn't pout as much as this baby. And this "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE" is just silly. Just damn silly.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'm so confused. Why does LeBron owe anyone in Cleveland ANYTHING? Please explain. If anything, they should thank his butt for getting the city interested in basketball again and for making the Cavs a contender.

Did he make a promise to Cleveland that he would play there his whole career? No

Did he hold out of his contract for more money? No

Did the Cavs fail to negotiate an extension years ago? Yes

I don't care for LeBron, but the guy was free to do anything he wanted to do. Other guys in every sport move on from the team that drafted them for multiple reasons and no one makes it a big deal. WTF?

1 person likes this.
  12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I LOVE YOU BIGGY!!!!

Oh, yeah and I AM A MIAMI HEAT FAN...

13. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Just because you have the right to be a rod doesn't mean you're not still a rod.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah, ok...:huh:

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Why is he a rod though? Because he left the team after his contract ended? Or because he went on tv to make his decision?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cavs work out deal with Heat, will get picks for LeBron - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketball

Good News for Cleveland...

I just love the whole hatred every which way...lol...

Screw Lebron, Screw Miami, Screw Bosh, Screw Wade, Screw Gilbert, Screw Bernie Kosar, Screw Cleveland, Screw Your Mother (personal attack?), Screw ESPN (the only legitimate Screw You), Screw the NBA, Screw Spike Lee, Screw em all.

The NFL RULES SNITCH! Where's my donut? Too early for this crap...

San Dimas High School football rules.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  17. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol at "former king" o guess he can only be a king during his tenure in cleveland

18. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Hey Sweets!

Don't you think Superstars R Us or the NBA are going to need to get some more basketballs so all 3 players are happy?

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is very similar to the celtics moves a few year ago except wade>pierce and lebron+bosh 10x> KG and allen

i really dont expect them to lose many games next year and the lakers and thunder will look like JV teams before long compared to them

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nope, they will work it out just like the Celtics did...they all want a ring so they know they have to work together to get one.