Our Members From Across The Pond

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Sweets, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:sign_welcome: I just wanted to acknowledge our members from across the Atlantic ocean as there seems to be an influx of them coming to GIF in recent weeks.

When we started this site we had Chrisbob (UK), then DoubleC (France) and one of our admins. Ollysj (Germany), and with their help the site has a lot of football fans from Europe, even Rabbit who is a noob from (Poland). We don't want to forget our fans from Mexico, our resident Dallas fan TJ and Fez our 49er fan, although he hasn't been spotted for a while now. This type of diversity only helps GIF get better and better as you all bring a different vibe to the conversations and helps all of us learn more about each other and our mutual love for the game of football.

We'd like to thank Jammin Jaguar for his recruiting of many of those fans as well as Andy82 because without your help all this would not be possible. We hope that our new members/friends enjoy the site enough to invite their friends and others who are looking for a unique football site back here.

This site is unique in it's concept and it's willingness to stay uncensored in thought and language something most football sites on the internet can't or refuse to do.

SRW, Ollysj, myself and the staff here again want to welcome all of you and hope you enjoy the GIF experience and if any of you ever need assistance feel free to contact any admin. or global mod or mod who are more then happy to assist you.

FYI, there are a few ladies here, just to remind you that everyone here isn't a lad or a bloke. Myself, N1gbpackfan, tstlkevanilla (Mod), suedon, rachel53426, Linz_renee, Bandi, trivial, spent and a few others.

Thank you

Sweets (Site Administrator)

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I tell ya...it's like the freakin' UN in here :icon_cheesygrin:

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cool ain't it TJ!!!!:disconana:

4. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

only been here couple of days, but site looks really good :cool:

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Reading all that brought a tear to my eye :icon_cry::icon_smile:

Agreed with Falcon_91 that it's a fab site.

6. Rabbit

Rabbit Cowboy from hell

Wow, thanks for the PM, I would may not see this without your message. :D

Ok, firstly, yes I do enjoy the site. I registered here to justify that Andy was talking crap, that the site is so awesome, etc... (yes, I'm trying to show you that he's an ass-licker... j/k). Well I must admit it is really cool. I don't have NASN and I'm not able to watch NFL regularly, so it's great you have a lot of cool offtopic topics here. Thanks for the invite Andy. :)

Oh, and something more... I have sent some messages to Sweets, you know but... I just noticed that... Sweets is a girl! Lol dont blame me, blindness - not good, lol.

Cheers.

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

*sniff*... I finally feel wanted. :cry2:

Great post Sweets. But beware... There is a wave of Brits coming along, the front-line has arrived... The army is yet to come.

:flaguk:

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Rabbit, the football season is almost over but we do have gameday threads that you can use to follow the game along esp. for those of you without the convenience of TV. We will have the gameday threads up and running throughout the playoffs and Superbowl although with our time difference I'm not quite sure if you guys will be awake or not.

For those of you that are unsure about the gender of some of our members just remember in the upper right hand corner of everyone's post and under the "Join date" there says "Gender" that should help you all.

Jammin, people that help the site should be acknowledged and here we like to thank those responsible for our success.

9. PSblackVTR

PSblackVTR Just call me PS

Well I only got here today and already feel welcomed whole heartedly. Thanks Guys and Gals.

Thanks to Jammin for getting me here

Let's get bigger and better, actually just bigger as this place already rocks:cele18:

:bowdown:

10. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Thanks Sweets glad to know you like us non-american posters

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Please don't Spam.

12. :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I thought linz wuz a girl....

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Opps, damn typos...:icon_redface: "She" is...

14. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Hey that mine line. :icon_evil:

15. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

1783 and 1812

Scoreboard. :flagusa:

16. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

lol :banghead:

17. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

im from the united states but i still wanted to say this place is the best site ive ever been on and i been on alot but this is by far the best.

18. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

I'm really starting to love this site, it's very active with a good mix of fans from nearly every team. Another site I frequent only has 10-15 regulars, and can be a little exclusionary.....

19. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Nice to see internationalists here