Over The Limit

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., May 10, 2011.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

They need more .. gimmick matches. Maybe a Hell In A Cell .. or some TLC matches or something. I wish they'd make the tag division what it once was.

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I agree on the Tag Division. I love pimping the tag division out every time i buy smackdown v raw the video game.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do they still do Lumberjack matches or is that not edgy enough anymore?

4. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

I Quit match for the WWE Title: John Cena [c] vs The Miz

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

Kiss My Foot Match: Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole: If Cole wins, Lawler will induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame and surrender his Hall of Fame ring.

Intercontinental Championship Match: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Big Show & Kane (c) vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan

Brie Bella (c) vs. Kelly Kelly for the WWE Divas Championship

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

To place bets on this event, go here

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lawler HAS to win this time around...

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

TLC & Hell in a Cell have lost their specialness since they have become gimmick PPV's and has pretty much left WWE in a corner for a feud climax (Which is probably why I Quit matches have become the last feud ending fad)

They do it now and again (Infact, they did it at the last PPV for the Tag Championship), but the problem with that match is that it always follows a predictable path.

Now onto the card:

I Quit match for the WWE Title: John Cena [c] vs The Miz

The second "I quit" Cena Wrestlemania feud ender at Over the Limit, unlike last time, I don't think Miz gets buried in this. He won't win, but I think it'll be booked to put him over as much as possible.

The interesting thing for me is what happens after the match and following Raw, because whilst it seems that Alberto Del Rio will be the next man to fall to SuperCena booking, The Miz would appear to slide down the card, with no real obvious face around to keep him occupied (Morrison is still out for a month).

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian

Orton wins, Christian turns heel, feud continues a few more PPV's, Christian slides back into midcard and Orton rips through the Smackdown Heel Main Event for six months or so.

I hope I'm wrong.

Kiss My Foot Match: Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole: If Cole wins, Lawler will induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame and surrender his Hall of Fame ring.

I don't think I can take much more of this feud. Please let Lawler destroy Cole and put this horrible debacle behind us.

Intercontinental Championship Match: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Poor Wadey. Looked certain to be the first Brit to win the big one less than a year ago, now he's looking to put over the next marginal bodybuilder whilst leading a weak stable and holding a title with very little prestige. Really cannot see this being pretty to watch.

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

The Trooof gets put into a feud with an over the hill, old, bland luchador with bum knees, which only means one thing: The "Underdog" crushes him for three straight months until Truth loses all momentum and goes back to rapping in the lower card. A real reason why I hope Sin Cara's mask sales surpasses Rey's so he can do what he's supposed to do...PUT PEOPLE OVER!

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Big Show & Kane (c) vs. CM Punk & Mason Ryan

CM Punk is the biggest heel (and most talented) in the company, and yet he is consistently buried by the ageing upper carders of the WWE since his turn (Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Cena, Orton and back to Big Show/Kane). This time, he's at the start of the show trying help get over Welshtista. This match has got three sandbags to make this a crapfest, and it's depressing to see Punk get so misused,

Brie Bella (c) vs. Kelly Kelly for the WWE Divas Championship

Six months removed from the excellent Tag Team Tables match with LayCool/Beth&Natalya match up, we are now being treated with the worst that womens wrestling can offer with a random Bella Twin squaring up against a woman whose talents include staring blankly and being able to make absolutely no improvement in the ring for over five years.

Because of this, I'm sure Kharma interaction will happen early, I hope.

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

Should have put the 15 minute master class with Daniel Bryan on Smackdown a week ago on this card and forgot about Chavo. No one buys that Chavo trained him or brought him to the US and any other of that crap. We were made to stop considering him a thread after the first hundred times they jobbed him out to Hornswoggle.

A competitive, medium length match would do so much more for Sin Cara in the WWE than burying the same guy who jobbed to a leprechaun for multiple years.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Don't know who saw this PPV but the Christian/Orton match is one fans should go find if they missed it. That was an entertaining match. The last two between them have been Randy's best matches of his career IMO. Who knew Christian had what it took to make Robo-Randy look good?

8. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

I'm watching the 4th quarter of the basketball game and their just aired an ad for Over the Limit. A bit odd, if you ask me, considering that it's about over.

9. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Results:

R-Truth d. Rey Mysterio

Ezekiel Jackson d. Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett via DQ

Sin Cara d. Chavo Guerrero

Big Show & Kane retained the WWE Tag Team Championship as they d. CM Punk & Mason Ryan

Brie Bella retaned the the WWE Divas Championship as she d. Kelly Kelly

Randy Orton retained the World Heavyweight Championship as he d. Christian

Jerry Lawler d. Michael Cole in a Kiss My Foot Match. After the match, Lawler called out Eve Torres who laid Cole out with a moonsault, and her knees crashed on Cole's chest. Then Lawler called out Jim Ross who poured barbecue sauce on him. Then Cole said he was leaving and would never kiss Lawler's feet. Bret Hart came out and threw Cole in the ring and put him in the sharpshooter and Lawler stuck his foot on Cole's mouth.

John Cena retained the WWE Title as he d. The Miz in an I Quit match

10. Dragonite

well i made some cash on this, I think I got one wrong.

11. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Christians been doing that for years. Unfortunately Vince doesn't feel like he's got what it takes to be a top tier guy. Too bad Edge didn't stick around to do some booking, maybe he of all people could convince them to give the guy a decent push.

12. Dragonite

I am still super pissed about how they jobbed Christian out of his title. I thought they were going to let him win it back here and hold it for a while.

Screw the WWE sometimes man.

13. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I wouldn't mind seeing Christian hold the title awhile. I'm a huge Orton fan. But, I agree that Christian is well deserving of his time in the spotlight.

14. Dragonite

Plus the storylines they could play off involving Edge's retirement and crap. I agree completely he more than deserves it.

15. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

christian matches are always entertaining. remember him back in the TLC matches those con chair tos were sick and hes getting better on the mic and he is loved by the fans. Orton doesnt need the title to be considered elite. Having Christian hold the title and beat Orton would add to his legitimacy but the wwe doesnt think about long term