Packers DT Anthony Hargrove Not Focusing On Suspension

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Aug 6, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Rumors were circulating leaguewide Monday morning that Saints LB Jonathan Vilma’s season-long suspension for his involvement in the Saints’ bounty scandal could be reduced. However, Packers DL Anthony Hargrove isn’t getting his hopes up just yet that his impending eight-game suspension in connection with "Bountygate" could also possibly be shortened. He's concentrating much more on just getting used to being a member of the Packers. “I’m just getting ready to play, trying to be fresh and accountable,†the veteran defensive lineman said Monday. Green Bay is Hargrove’s fifth team in eight seasons. Since signing with the Packers March 30, he has provided a breath of fresh air with his infectious energy while working on a relatively limited basis with the third- and fourth defensive units in practice. “At first, it was somewhat overwhelming,†said Hargrove. “There is just so much history here. I’ve never been part of a team that involves the community so much. It’s so amazing. I feel like I’ve fit in quickly with the guys."

Source: Pro Football Weekly