Pat White Willing To Play Any Position To Make Redskins

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Jul 7, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Pat White played only one season in the NFL, a disappointing 2009 campaign with the Miami Dolphins, where he struggled to adapt to the traditional NFL offense.

After being used as a gimmick playmaker in the Wildcat system, White received a head injury on a brutal sack and was relegated to the sidelines. Before the 2010 season, he was released.

When the Redskins expressed interest in signing him this offseason, White was ready to return.

“I miss the competitiveness of the game, the challenge of the daily grind,†he told Chris DeLisi of Redskins.com. “I am trying to get better, and I’m going to push everyone each and every day.

“My mentality is different in that I treat every day like it’s game day.â€

Despite having three veteran quarterbacks on the roster, the Redskins targeted White this offseason to help the team run the read-option while Robert Griffin III returns from injury.

“I feel like the Redskins chose me. I put myself out there to find the right situation, and I felt like this is the best fit for me,†he said. “The way they ran the offense really excited me. And I was just happy for them to give me an opportunity.

“Whatever the coaches ask of me, I will do it with the best of my abilities,†he said. “My heart’s set on being a quarterback, but I am willing to play other positions and will do whatever it takes to help the team.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

He was awesome in College. He's destined to end up like Major Harris though