Patrick Willis Named Week 1 Rookie Of The Week

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Platoon 86, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Voters on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service have made their choice. Linebacker Patrick Willis of the San Francisco 49ers is the winner of the Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week competition for games played Sept. 6-10. Willis recorded 11 tackles and forced a fumble in his first regular-season game, helping the 49ers to a 20-17 victory over the Arizona Cardinals. Willis led the 49ers in total tackles and joined Oakland's Kirk Morrison and Tampa Bay's Barrett Ruud as league leaders in Week 1 with nine solo tackles. More than 82,500 fans voted this week on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service. Willis was selected from among five finalists. The other finalists were wide receiver John Broussard of the Jacksonville Jaguars, wide receiver Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions, running back Marshawn Lynch of the Buffalo Bills, and running back Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota.

Source: sf49ers.com

2. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Well deserved. Was a beast last week.

3. fr3sh

fr3sh Rookie

Patrick Willis = rookie of the year. He was one of the best players in the draft.

4. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Didn't watch the game, but congrats to him!

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:shock: :snitchslap:

6. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Hey Hey, I don't watch horrible teams, you should know that by now :icon_wink:

Just kidding!

BTW, I accidently clicked Edit on yours thinking I was quoting myself, sorry, forgot about the mod stuff lol, so I was like, damn, the forum didn't fix it right, clicked save, and then was like, UH OH!

But I fixed it back!

7. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Good for him....

8. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

He's on his way again this week.

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yep, I even have Raider fans talking to me about Patrick, I'm just glad we got him the guy is a beast

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

eh...he's ok

11. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

he has been extremely helpfull to our defense anda force to be reckoned with. i am glad he is on our team and not anyone else's. However i have seen instances where i would like him to have a little more control. i see plays where he just goes air born flying over defenders only to just miss the ball carrier. Now don't get me wrong i love his recklessness and the way he plays but on some occasions he needs to just take on the blockers and let others get the tackle