Patriots Could Target Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sweets, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Considering the Patriots' suddenly desperate need at the tight end position, Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki could be a potential trade target according to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com.

The oft-injured Moeaki is currently rehabbing a knee scope and is questionable for the start for camp, but when healthy he has the skill set of a versatile move tight end. Moeaki is currently behind both Anthony Fasano and rookie Travis Kelce and was formerly coached by Patriots assistant Brian Daboll.

Denver Broncos tight end Joel Dreesen is another potential trade target. Dreesen had 41 catches last season and is likely more expendable than Jacov Tamme. Both Moeaki and Dreesen are better than any TE options currently on the Patriots roster.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be a huge pick up for the Pats...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

moeaki can't stay healthy either. he's another gronk.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a lot of teams that would take another Gronk.

5. CaptainStubing

eh, i'm not sure you would want to bring in gronk right now. in my opinion, his best days are behind him. his body is falling apart quickly. his deterioration will be quick on the field. his productivity is going to fall off fairly significantly from here and he will be on and off the field quite a bit due to his health. just my opinion though.

for the pats, though, if they could get 'some' games out of moeaki while brady is still playing, that might be enough. they are in such bad shape receiving-wise and just need 'some' receivers for the next couple of years for brady to throw the ball to.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Brady has proven he can get production out of no-names. They'll figure it out

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

There were reports that the young kid they drafted, Zach Sudfeld out of Nevada was doing well in camp before this came about...I think he was a college free agent too. So it's pretty much par for the course for New England.

8. CaptainStubing

Well, And the giants were pretty pissed when the pats claimed Ballard off waivers