Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick Confirms He'll Return In 2013

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Jan 21, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin Staff Member

The morning after his season ended with a "crash landing" in the AFC Championship Game, Bill Belichick confirmed that he will be returning for a 14th season as coach of the New England Patriots.

"I'll be here," Belichick said Monday morning. "Until I'm told otherwise, I plan on being here."

Belichick, who was hired by the Patriots in 2000, became the NFL's longest-tenured current head coach earlier this month. His contract status (both duration and compensation) is one of the best-kept secrets in football.

Belichick, the NFL's third-oldest coach, will turn 61 in April. He entered the league in 1975 with the Baltimore Colts as an assistant coach.

"You'll have to deal with me again next year," Belichick cracked. "I know that's disappointing for a lot of you."

Source: ESPN.com
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 pyromaniac

Yes. Quite disappointing
  3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I didn't know this was even a question.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member

same thought here.
  5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Same, he does need to be a bit more graceful in defeat though. Having that pecker head as the Coach of your team makes it realllly easy to root for them. Honestly you aren't gonna take an interview after the game because you lost, come on man can't be a sore loser forever. Not to mention in 2008(i think it was) when he walked off the field of the Super Bowl before it was even over.