Patriots Still Suck!

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by TDJets72027, May 13, 2007.

1. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Do you not understand the concept of contracts? After the first Super Bowl, the Pats locked up Brady for cheap for 3 years, because they weren't really sure what they had. Once Brady showed he was a good QB, they were forced to pay him off, and they did. It's not like Brady was being some kind of hero taking less for those years, he had no choice, he was obligated to play at that price. He's not a hero for honoring his contract. I guess it takes some semblance of intelligence to realize that though.

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Tell that bullcrap to all the players,RENEGOTATING their contracts based on a good year or two,and asking for trades if they aren't going to get what they feel they deserve.Brady never asked to renegotiate his contract.That decision came from management because he was getting majorly screwed with what the current QB's were getting paid for accomplishing jack crap.He actually got paid for the job he did,not for what he might accomplish.Mannings contract was huge at that time,and he hadn't won jack.Put the Colts in a major hole at the time,because of the large % of the salary cap that contract took a chunk out of."I guess it takes some intelligence to realize that".Just a hilarious statement from someone who is so far up Mannings ass,that he rivals the Ostrich in the Sand for not having a clue.Keep uttering your crap,at least you have TDJETS in your corner:LAUGHY37:

3. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Your hero worship of Tom Brady for honoring his contract while having proven basically nothing is sickening. Management "chose to renegotiate" with him because he would've hit the Free Agent market otherwise. Manning was paid like he was because: A) He had already proven himself as one of the best QBs in the NFL and B) He was the #1 overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft, and #1 overall picks get paid big money regardless of how good or bad they are, the bad ones just don't see the end of their rookie contracts like Manning did. As for "eating up a large % of the salary cap", the largest chunk he ever took up was in 2003, and he took up about the same amount of the cap as Brady did in 2005 that year. On top of that, who on defense have the Colts had that they should have paid to keep? Or are you suggesting they go out on the Free Agent market and overpay for someone like Chad Bratzke who would do little if anything to improve the defense? The only big name defensive player that has hit the FA market during Manning's career that really fit with the Colts' scheme was the one they signed, Corey Simon, and even that signing ended up burning them.

If you honestly think winning should be any part of the evaluation process of a QB (apart from game winning/tying drives, the only time when a QB actually has a direct effect on winning a game), you're part of the largest problem in football. It's the problem that put Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw in the Hall of Fame and the problem that makes people think of mediocre QBs as great ones. That problem is the weighting of accomplishment at the QB position based on championships. Does anyone think Emmitt Smith is a better RB than Barry Sanders? Lynn Swann was a better WR than Steve Largent? Art Shell was a better OT than Anthony Munoz? Larry Little was a better OG than John Hannah? Mike Webster was a better C than Chuck Bednarik? Howie Long was a better DE than Deacon Jones? Henry Jordan was a better DT than Merlin Olsen or Alan Page? Nick Buoniconti was a better LB than twinky Butkus or Sam Huff? Otis Smith was a better CB than Rod Woodson? Charlie Waters was a better S than Ken Houston? If you answered no to all of these question (you should have if you know football), you're a hypocrite if you think of a QB as a better player because HIS TEAM(S) won championships. Team accomplishments do not make individuals better. People seem to understand that for every position but QB, which is pretty damn idiotic and hypocritical.

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Vinny's won 4 of the last 6. And no, I'm not giving up on saying it's him.:icon_lol:

5. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

He scored 11 points in a 12 point win. It was mainly the Colts' offense playing ball control and wearing down the Bears' defense that won that game.

6. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

He's the one that scored 15 out of, (ruffles thru papers) 15 against the Ravens. I don't think you would-a made it there if it wasn't for him.

7. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

I'm not arguing that, but to credit him for the Super Bowl win is stupid. There are at least 10 (counting the OL) players on the 2006 Colts that had more to do with the Super Bowl win than Vinatieri.

8. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

if peyton had tom bradys recievers i dont think he would have sniffed the SB(take your pick of the SB recievers)

9. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

There is intelligent life in this thread:clap:

10. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

the only thing that works for the patriots is their entire system... you remove a coach in the wrong place or one or two certain players and brady becomes grossman.

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

You really haven't watched much football,have you.The Brady is "just part of a system" BS,went out the door after watching him perform at the level he does with average talent at the skill positions.This has allowed Belichick to not spend Millions to sign high priced Wideouts,allowing him to put the money into signing Defenseive players.If you've watched enough Patriot games,you'd be amazed at how many games Brady has won in the end of the last Quarter,where you needed him to drive the field to get a score,and he has.Performs at a high level under pressure,and is the best QB in the NFL for seeing the whole field,and finding open receivers.This ability has been the reason he's able to put up big numbers,and win.Belichick knew what he had after just having the kid one year out of college.Study the game,and when you have teams come along that have this kind of success,analyze why,and don't just blow wind threw your ass,like Dam.

12. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

you, sir, are a patriots fan and worship everything this team is and love tom brady to the point where even if there was an obvoius flaw about the team, you would probably still argue against it.

Tom Brady is a decent quarterback who knows the fundamentals of the game very well... I never said he sucked... I said if you put him in another system he'd be like rex grossman... rex grossman doesnt suck... He isn't a superstar quarterback but he flashes potential to be good sometimes and also shows the ability to suck at times... that is what i would foresee Tom Brady in another system, Flashes of good and bad...

See this is all oppinion, and you take it so personally. Lighten up buck-o just because someone doesn't have the same favorite as you doesn't mean you have to chase every post with a winded explanation of a way to try to prove other peoples oppinions wrong. But I guess with that attitude you're trying to recruit everyone to love the patriots and tom brady... good luck to you,sir.... good luck.

13. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

So it's Manning's fault Tom Brady can't correct the mistakes of a receiver that's having problems by working with him more? That's what Manning did with Wayne, and that's what turned Wayne from Reche Caldwell to Pro Bowler.

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Wow,I'm utterly amazed.Who the heck is Reche Caldwell?Well,at least before he came to the Pats last year to hook up with Brady.He couldn't have even made your team,including this year.Branch is the only wideout we've had that could have made your bench,but Brady keeps racking up big numbers passing year after year to whoever.You really need to read more,and study the game outside of the Colts team.There's a reason Moss took 3 million vs 10 million to play at NE.He considers Farve and Brady the two best QBs in the NFL.Do you really know how the players who've played for Brady feel about him?How about the players who've played against him?How does Montana feel about Brady?That's Joe Montana,who played for the 49ers,and had a pretty good career.Not being a Colt,he'd be behind both Manning and Unitas in your ranking.

15. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Can't wait for the Nov. 4 battle! This should be funny to follow with both Dam's and Top Dawg's live comments.
    :new_popcornsmiley:

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I could give a crap who you watch on television.My favorite QB is Montana,and Brady has moved up to #2.I hate HOMERS.Period.That's why I don't partcipate in much of the Pats Boards.What I take personally,is people who don't take the effort to study my team on their success,and spout hot air thru their buttholes about the subject.STFU if you don't know crap about the Pats,and I won't be forced to deal with it.If you have an intelligent analysis of the Pats unlike hecko 1 Dam,and hecko 2 TDJETS,I'll treat it as such,and have before.I like intelligent discussion on my team,but that seldom happens here.

17. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

may i remind you this is the 100% uncut, 100% uncensored football forums where i have the freedom to say what i want about anything... if someone bashes my team, the niners, i may give it one shot to defend the team but yet i still understand that this is all people voicing oppinions... you should just not take it that seriously... this is afterall a smack talk thread... so i'd save the getting bent out of shape for the actual patriots thread, but this whole thread is to just bash and smack talk... so learn how to smack talk if you're going to keep posting here... or just keep on getting offended...

18. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Digtool is RIGHT ON, this is the 100% Uncensored and Uncut foorball forums,just like the slogan says. If you are easily offended, then leave.

19. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Some have really short memories...

20. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Offended?Bent out of shape?:LAUGHY32: :WORD01: "Learn how to Smack talk":rofl: :rofl: Okay.I'll work on that Smack thing.Just how do you do that?Is there books or anything on that subject?Maybe you could teach me.I'm really a quick study.As far as the freedom to say what you want,that is cool.You've got to love these Sites,where posters that have a vague idea what the shape of a football is,can come on and embarrass themselves with their in depth analysis of teams.Usually they make statements like "the Patriots suck",and jiggle with glee,because they think they posted something profound.As far as sticking up for the Niners just one time,I understand how that is.We totally sucked at one time like you guys,and what is there to really say?
    As far as Dam,we've been going at it before this Site even existed,and that will never change.It really makes the Colts/Pats games even better for me,until lately.