Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski's Status For Training Camp Still Unknown

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Mar 19, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski initially became injured last November and required a second surgery after rebreaking the arm during the playoffs. A third operation came during the offseason following the onset of an infection.

How Gronkowski responds the the string of injuries will be a major story line when training camp opens, but for now information on his rehabilitation remains scarce.

When meeting with reporters (including the Boston Globe) at the annual NFL meeting in Arizona Tuesday morning, Patriots coach Bill Belichick provided little insight on Gronkowski's recovery and said it is too soon to make projections.

"Well, that’s a long way away," Belichick said. "A lot of players have a lot of things to do between now and then. Coaches, for that matter, in terms of just getting ready for the season. I’m sure, hopefully, everyone will be working hard at it. We’ll see how it comes out."

Asked to clarify how Gronkowski was progressing, Belichick said things are currently in a holding pattern.

"The program hasn’t started yet. When the program starts on April 15, we’ll have a lot better evaluation of where everybody is," he said. "There’s some limited information now, but I wouldn’t put too much on that at this point. I’d say in most cases, it’s pretty incomplete."

Source: MassLive.com