Patriots Trade DE Richard Seymour To The Raiders

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by ravenfan52, Sep 6, 2009.

1. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

:yeahthat:

2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

as bad as this is for the raiders (its bad) the Patroits dont draft well anyway so thayt should minimize the damage. im not saying that all their picks are bad (first one to bring up Tom Brady gets a morningstar sandwich) but recently their drafts, especially the later rounds, have not produced good draft value or players that stick.

still, Raiders are stupid, Belichick is a genius, if he had a good GM (this offseason proved Pioli is not a good GM) the 'Riots would be better.

3. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Go back to bed Joe, you've lost your mind. The Patriots roster is loaded with players they've drafted. Plus how can judge Pioli before the team has even played it's first game?

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

i said "recently".

and i judge Pioli thusly:

1) even though KC had a handful of talented 4-3 defenders (Hali, Dorsey, Derrick Johnson, Demorrio Williams) they switched to a 3-4.
    2) he passed on Aaron Curry (the acknowledged #1 defensive player in the draft) in favour of a lesser prospect at a position of equal value.
    3) he traded a valuable 2nd round pick (that could be used to get players for his foolish new 3-4) for an aged pass rusher whos stats have declined and a slower Tyler Thigpen.

i liked the Chiefs in 2008.

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Logan Mankins, Jerod Mayo, Matt Cassel, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green, Asante Samuel, I'll throw in the Token Tom Brady...to say the Patriots don't draft well is pretty ridiculous and very incorrect. They have had a few picks that haven't worked out like any other team, but any one who knows football knows that the Patriots are one of the best drafting teams in the NFL.

6. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

1) Hali, Dorsey, DJ are all 1st round draft picks that underachieved significantly. He can't be faulted for making a change.
    2) I was disappointed in that as well but by all accounts Jackson was the best D lineman for the 3-4 and I could argue D line is more important than linebacker.
    3)He traded that 2nd round pick for a QB and veteran linebacker. That QB is so much better than Thigpen it's not even worth discussing. Call him a one year wonder and he may be, but Thigpen will never be a starting QB in this league....ever. He has no arm at all. Vrabel was brought in to help coach the defense on the field. A great acquisition and that trade was a steal for the Chiefs.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Again KC hasn't played a game. So what if he passed on a higher "prospect", he's a only prospect and nothing is proven. Do you remember when the Texans passed on Reggie Bush for Mario Williams? Everyone was ready to lynch them and how did that work out? Pretty well I think. How can you judge a player or a GM when there hasn't been a single game? Ridiculous

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

stay on topic guys.