Patriots WR Wes Welker Says He Isn't Worried About His Future

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker spoke briefly on his contract status following his team's loss in the AFC Championship game on Sunday, saying he was "not worried" about his pending free agency at the moment.

After playing this season under the franchise tag after he and the team failed to reach a long-term deal last summer, Welker is set to become a free agent again. Franchise-tagging Welker for a second consecutive season would cost the Patriots about $11.5 million towards their 2013 salary cap.

When asked if he thought he'd be back with the Patriots next season, Welker replied: "I'm not sure. I'm not worried about that right now."

When asked if he would be frustrated if the team franchise tagged you again, Welker answered: "Like I said, I'm not worried about any of it."

Source: ESPN.com

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Well originally I wanted him signed to a contract. But now I say either let him go or franchise him to get one more year out of him. It's time to find a replacement and/or tweak the offense away from him.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think he'll be back in New England...but he won't be unemployed long.