Pennsylvania Is A Steelers State; Philadelphia, A Baseball Town

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by 86WARD, Mar 17, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Steelers are Pennsylvania's favorite professional sports team. 30% of voters in the state pick them, followed by 22% for the Phillies, 12% each for the Penguins and Eagles, 6% for the Pirates, 4% for the Flyers, and 2% for the 76ers. For those keeping track that's 48% of voters in the state choosing one of Pittsburgh's 3 teams to only 40% picking a Philadelphia team even though that city has 4. Advantage Steel City on that front.

Source: Public Policy Polling: Pennsylvania Miscellaneous

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

76'ers = [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A]The Price is Right losing horn - YouTube[/ame]

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I find it impressive that the Eagles from the mighty NFL are tied with the Penguins from the lowly step-child that is the NHL.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

theres alot of band wagon jumpers in my area of pa there was alot of steeler fans now theres alot of giant fans it disgusts me

5. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Phillies won more recently (or at least once, I guess) and opening day is coming up. IF the Eagles ever won a Superbowl, and you re-asked the question, they would take over 2/3 of those Phillies fans and at least half of the Steelers fans.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

lolz at this poll.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Most people in PA that matter are from New York and New Jersey so they'd obviously like the Giants and Jets more so than the Eagles. Then there's the people in Pittsburgh...

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^^ that may be the dumbest thing i have ever read.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I should have been more specific. And you can also target people for a poll. It doesn't give the geographic data of where most people were polled/answered the phone/clicked on the link or whatever. 10000 more people from Pittsburgh could have voted and as I said, people in Northeast PA for the most part are transplants into the state or they're completely fair weather. There are probably more Cowboy fans out there than Eagles fans.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

ok, that makes a huge difference ... i knew you had to have forgotten a point in that statement.

in short those people should pull a jamestown.