PETA Issues Statement On Eagles, Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

eagles website has 81 percent support vick and 19 percent against

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Just because things have happened in the past that shouldn't have doesn't mean we should continue to let them happen.

I wouldn't lose my job... I would lose my license to practice my job anywhere and in any capacity.... because my career holds me to a higher standard then most. I believe the NFL should as well as their players are role models to millions.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i agree with sweets people raping killing get lighter sentences than Vick...........and people dont say crap yet ya kill some dogs and you should be a begger and not able to earn a living.........

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yeah, he's been great. The whole press conference has gone really well and I think more support will be gained from it.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He's made me think that's for sure

6. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I bet those numbers would have been the other way around before it was made known that the eagles had signed him.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Your gonna jump on board vicks first TD

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I hope your right... I WANT to be on board.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Last night that poll was only 46% in favor. I can't believe it's changed so much overnight.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The server blew during the PC... which means WAY more then normal were watching to PC..... I suspect alot of todays voters were not eagle fans and think about it... if your NOT an eagles fan your gonna vote yes to that poll if you support vick or not.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

How great for you that you're in a position so much higher than the rest of us dweebs but regardless, if you look to athletes in this day and age for role model material than you need to take your blinders off and see that they are anything BUT...you want role models look to people you know on a personal level not an athlete that basically you have no bond with other than they play a game you love.

Oh and just so you know, you are welcome to voice your opinion just as others are to voice theirs, but then you knew that since you've been here a while. <just saying>

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I can't wait to hear what my boss thinks about this...

He's the only Eagles fan I know personally...

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Ok Sweets... Ill bite. Yes it is great for me... I would dare say it's a privilege that I hope I don't lose.
    We agree that NFL players should not be childrens role models.... but they are. There is no debate about that.
    I do know I am free to voice my opinion.... now go back to that thread and count how many times I was told to just shut up and maybe you will see where that post came from. Don't worry I'm not crying censorship

14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I didn't tell you to shut up. I told you to get over it.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The world doesn't revolve around you TJ

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Of course it does :icon_frown:

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Phigles we all know that if someone, anyone tells you to shut up, you won't and you haven't so please, preach on...lol

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:icon_cheesygrin:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

the 1st peta protestor i see at the saints game wearing leather sneakers is getting a curb job.

20. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I think we should start a program that throws dead rats all PETA protesters. Maybe live ones would be better just to see if they stomp any of them to death.