Pete Rose's Third Strike

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by SportsChump, Jun 23, 2015.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

How convenient now that the new Comissioner is considering reinstating him, this information comes out.

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Like I said in the post, I think he can take that memo out of his inbox.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

And why didn't the new revelation about him gambling as a player come out earlier? Somebody's ace-in-the-hole? Just out of curiosity, who's making this allegation?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe it's just me, but I figured the guy gambled on baseball when he was a player, coach, afterwards...he's a gambler...that's what gamblers do. I still think he should be in the Hall of Fame. Even if he bet against himself, he still was one of the best players to play the game.

6. markaz

When determining the most egregious acts that would prevent a player from getting into the Hall, why does PED use get a pass (according to their by-laws)? If anything, PED has the greater ability to affect the outcome of games and to skew baseball's almighty love of stats. The possibility of entrance is based upon personal opinions when it comes to PEDs, but not gambling. Oh no.....[​IMG].

SNPokc likes this.
  7. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

How about this stance.

If its all cheating and baseball is holier than thou about allowing players into the Hall, then none of them should get in.

Any arguments?

8. markaz

No arguments. Rose getting into the Hall is akin to politics. All the debating in the world isn't going to change anyone's position.

9. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

That's fair, Mark. I was talking to one of my customers the other day (old school) and he still felt Rose should be in.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

lol - yeah amazingly enough this report comes out what ? 25 plus years later ?

its comical. ty cobb was a racist, woman beating, murdering POS but OMG pete rose bet on his team "to win" - oh the horor.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

with all this confederate flag shirt going on eventually they will want to rename cobb county georgia to something other than ty cobb's last name.
    pete rose deserves to be in the hall of fame more than 99 percent of the players in there.it's total bullshirt and stupidity he is not in there.

12. markaz

No shirt. Kinda like the syringe to inject roids into roger Clemen's ass.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

that is still one of the creepiest things ever.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

there are current people in the hall of fame that make what pete rose did look like he is the pope.i am a lifelong cubs fan,but if pete rose is not allowed in the HOF they should lock it up and bar all the doors.

SNPokc likes this.
  15. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

This is still my favorite thing.

SportsChump likes this.