Potential Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by boosted3, Sep 18, 2014.

1. boosted3

boosted3 Mo-Sep 5, 2015 Premium Member

Hey Guys,
    I am sitting right now with Montee Ball, Giovani Bernard, Shane Vereen, Darren Sproles, and Terrance West and can't have any more RB on my roster
    I have a potential add/drop coming off waivers tomorrow picking up Rashad Jennings and dropping Terrance West. I have been tossing around the idea of benching Montee Ball this week going up against Seattle. Would it be a reasonable trade offer to give up Montee Ball in trade for the currently injured Jamaal Charles to keep for healthy, or is that trying to buy too low? Montee Ball has not been that overly productive and I would really like to get Charles on my roster. Am I giving up on Ball too early in the season?
    Thanks for the help!

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

@Greg Brosh will help more with the RB's

Personally I would dump West for Jennings. Jennings is the guy in NY.
    I wouldn't trade Ball for charles. but that is me wait for the RB Guru @Greg Brosh

3. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

It sounds like Charles won't miss as much time, if at all, with his injured ankle. He practiced some this week. And you have a pretty fine quality of backs already there. I would make this trade. With Bernard, Vereen, Sproles, and (hopefully) Jennings, that should be enough to get you through.

And grab Jennings and drop West. Tate is back in a couple weeks.

4. boosted3

Well, my waiver transaction went through and I got Jennings. Now, do I start Jennings in place of Ball?

5. Greg Brosh

I pushed Ball down into a high-end RB2 this week. Gosh this is a close one. I have to side with Jennings. If it was any other defense, this would be a no brainer. But I have both close in my rankings as RB2s.

6. boosted3

Thanks for the info guys! I was able to talk myself into starting Rashad Jennings over Montee Ball
    and it clearly paid off! If Sproles would have kept it going this week, I would have been even better
    but he got more points than Vereen who I benched for him.

This week coming up will be tight. Ive got Ball, Bernard, Jennings, Sproles, and Vereen. Since Bernard
    is on Bye, I am only picking out of 4 and I need to start 3. Do you guys think Sproles will continue to
    put up bigger numbers, or is Vereen the safer Flex play?

7. Greg Brosh

At this rate, Sproles and Vereen seem like questionable options. I'm going with the matchup on this one and will go Vereen.

The 49ers rank 3rd against fantasy running backs (11 points per game)
    The Chiefs give up almost 14.

Not exactly a huge difference, but I say Vereen.