Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Jan 17, 2010.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

He certaintly did, i talk to Ravens fans about him and they are scared because he's similar body wise to Clayton which can understand their fear, but this guy is stronger, faster and just a better playmaker all around. We need multiple WR's so we can get a bigger jumpball type of guy on the other side in free agency or later in the draft. I like Decker and think he could be had in the 3rd rd.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ive seen tate win alot of jump balls, im just sayin hes a great talent and not the best size but he makes up for it with awesome body control and incredibly strong hands....obviously hes not your typical go up and get it guy and not what your getting at, but hes no slouch either

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

id like to add i was never a tate fan but he won me over this past year

3. CStevenson13

What do you think about the DE's?, We need one badly that can get to the QB from a 3-4 D. I like Cameron Heyward and Jared Odrick but im having a hard time seeing another one that would bring the impact we need.

4. K Train

corey wootton, hed be perfect for a 34 Dline, they could move him around and he could bring pressure...hes who i have dallas taking

heyward is staying at school, but hes more of a 43 end anyway

5. CStevenson13

Yea i forgot about Wooton, i think he is a guy that can be a rotational guy and eventually start as a 3-4 end. Arthur Jones i like but i believe he got hurt, like to see how he looks post injury.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Rahim Alem and Jeffrey Fitzgerald are guys I like in later rounds at DE. Fitzgerald used to have a first round grade as recently as the early 2010 mock drafts just prior to the 09 draft. He was with umm Virginia than transfered to K state. Got a few sacks this year, definitely a good run stopping Defensive End that I like. A name to keep an eye on is Austen Lane an FCS player but looks to me like a fantastic 4-3 end, O'Brien Schofield of Wisconsin is an end who will be an 3-4 pass rushing OLB, a bit small but I'd say he's like LaMarr Woodley v2.

7. CStevenson13

Thanks for the info, Fitzgerald was a hot namw early on, havent seen what he's done a K St.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:jiggy:

9. K Train

woodley is an odd comparison for schofield, schofield is like 245 pounds and his game is built around pure speed and woodley is pushin 270 pounds and is a more power than speed.

i think hes kind of built like karlos dansby and can be that kind of player in the pros, hes not the prospect dansby was but similar

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Thats because he was a Running Back, and he played some when AA was hurt. He had 9 carries for 55 yards in the Purdue game, all out of the backfield

I really dont see him posting a 4.3 however. I think he is gonna be a mid 4.4 guy

I like Wootton, he is that type of DE Phillips had in Buffalo (Smith, Hansen, Wiley)

With a pass rusher, you can get 10 sacks from either DE spot in Phillips 3-4

11. K Train

im saying tate runs a 4.33, thats an official guess

12. Jihad Joe

lol

I dont think he will. If he does, that cements him at #2, but I think he will be closer to a 4.5 than a 4.3

13. K Train

arent you the one that compared him to lee evans? lol

4.33, i have faith he wont mario manningham it

14. Jihad Joe

They say a 10 yard split is more important for a WR, better indicator of initial burst, which is where I think Tate will do well. I dont think he has the long speed, or whatever

Anything better than 1.5 is supposed to be good for a WR

In build

Not playing style

Evans could have been a good overall WR, but never became anthing more than a deep WR

15. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i used to be a 40 time guy... all that matters for me now is how fast a player can play with pads at a high level. Mario Manningham ran what a 4.60 or 4.70 and had pretty good year. thats my 2 cents

16. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

OK I am gonna be one of those guys that doesnt read all the posts before I give my 2 cents so dont ride my butt if I am repeating something, but 8 pages is a lot to go through. As a Rams and a Irish fan I would love to see Clausen here. That said Suh looks like one of those once in a lifetime picks. I am so torn by this it hurts. Hopefully we can get more clarification on who will be a better pick as time goes on. I kind of hope Suh shows not to be as dominant as many suspect so we can go with Clausen and not have to think twice about it. Anyways feel free to analyze this anyway you want. I cheer for a 1-15 pro team and a college team that hasnt been relevant this milolenium so your not gonna hurt my feelings.

1 person likes this.
  17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Haden falls to the Seahawks second pick and they don't grab him? If this goes down I'm quitting the 12th man. Haden is #4 on my big board (BB Top 7 - Berry, Suh, McCoy, Haden, Okung, Clausen, Morgan) and getting him outside the top 7 is a bargain.

They should definately take Clausen. If Suh comes in and St Louis win 4 or 5 games next year, they take themselves out of the running for Jake Locker in 2011. Think ahead. Clausen is a better prospect than Locker anyway, so it would be stupid to overlook him.

18. K Train

joe haden is not in an elite class of corner, as far as a top corner taken he will be, but i think he'll go way higher than he should

19. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

If Suh can help them win 4 or 5 games then how could you pass him up. Now that wont happen, but how can you use that reasoning. Plus you got that from Walter Football and that site is the worst there is. The guy is an idiot.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The only problem with picking Suh IMO is that a DT just isn't worth #1 pick money. Even if he becomes the greatest DT ever to play, it just isn't the best value. And unlike the Lions, the Rams have a steady line that can be solidified in the later round of the draft and an allstar RB, so Clausen won't be under the most pressure right away. Plus, there are more solid DT prospects available at the beginning of the second round, the sme can't be said about QBs.