Pro Football Hall Of Fame announces the 26 semi-finalists for the Class of 2015

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Mike S., Nov 18, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Gonzalez doesn't make it in his first year of eligibility they need to retire all voting members who don't think he's worthy. His numbers are sick for a TE. Having said that, there's only 7 "Modern Era" TE's and 8 from the Paleozoic Era in the Hall. Gonzalez has the same amount of total receiving yards as Cris Carter and Tim Brown. Not voting him in would simply prove that the voting members are stuck on some kind of sick tradition. Maybe Peyton Manning will have to wait 3 or 4 ballots before he gets in. Who knows?

And your point about Woodson is more than valid. Out of his 58 career INT's only four are credited with him playing Safety. All others were as a CB.

2. markaz

I always wondered if it took Brown so long to get because it took him 17 seasons to amass his numbers. Similarly, Cris Carter played for 16 seasons and the perennial topic of why it took so long. Granted, taking away kick and punt returning probably extended Brown's career, but imagine his combined yards had they not. Oh, my!
    In comparison, Harrison's numbers are greater than both of theirs but it only took 13 seasons and a Peyton Manning to do it.:)

3. markaz

There's 3 kickers in the Hall and 7 pure safeties. Putting their skills aside, look at the total amount of playing time kickers clock during a season. What? 30-40 minutes or so per year? I think everyone appreciates their skill, but for only 7 safeties to be in by comparison is beyond insane.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reed, Dawkins, Polamalu will change that Safety number here in the coming years.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i think you're right ward cause markaz is correct, im not taking away from what kickers do but cmon man, the safety position needs some love.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

look how long it took ray guy to get into the HOF,and he is the greatest punter ever.
    reed should get in on the 1st ballot.best safety ever.