Props To 86WARD For The Breast Cancer Awareness Theme!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm glad people like it. If there are any thoughts or comments out there for future stuff, feel free...

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[MENTION=1604]TheDuke[/MENTION] - FYI-Brown/beige is the color used for Oral Cancer Awareness. Light Blue is the color of Prostate Cancer Awareness and a very good mention.

It has always amazed me how women are the driving force behind screenings, doctors check-ups, yearly visits to both their physician and dentist, etc. Men feel invincible I suppose. I've spent the last 12 years in the oral cancer screening device business and have to read the current literature and stats continually. Here's what is estimated from the American Cancer Society in terms of new cases in 2012 for two cancers:

Breast cancer: 229,060 new cases
    Prostate cancer: 241,740 new cases

The Susan G. Komen Foundation didn't become a huge organization just because it wanted to, women drove awareness and do so bigger and better every year. So the question is this: Why is it that a disease of greater incidence (Prostate CA) gets a commercial or two on the tube and you hardly see more than that?

[MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] - Prostate Cancer Awareness Month was September, but how about doing something to raise awareness of the leading cancer killer of men to anyone who comes to GIF? What's been done here with the pink theme is incredible. How can you not become more aware of Breast CA when you see it? Whether next year or whenever, doing something to raise awareness of prostate cancer would probably do more than most venues that I've seen (other than prostate specific websites begging for money). Below are ribbons typical for prostate cancer awareness and I have confidence that you and [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] can do a better job than the Prostate Cancer Society (lame) increasing awareness of this very treatable disease..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Your forte is your sigs distracting me.