Protests Over Missouri Teen's Death

Discussion in 'Crossfire Discussion' started by Tarkus, Aug 16, 2014.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

i disagree that there was an eminent threat to the office when he shot brown. i'm not saying he didn't need to open fire but from what i have seen/read brown was unarmed & far enough away where the officer could've took out a knee cap and ended the threat easily. that said i still do not believe had bad intentions or was racially motivated. it was

this isn't a dirty harry movie or a video game where there are no real casualties when you empty a clip.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Cops aren't sharp shooters. They can't necessarily hit a dude in the knee cap from distance. I'm pretty sure they're trained to not do that, anyways.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The officer apparently had ocular damage from being hit. If true, there was an eminent threat...plus wouldn't that effect his accuracy?

There are so many questions about what went down that I can't understand how people can pass judgement either way.

DaBears22 likes this.
  4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

As long as Al Sharpton and others are there the real story probably won't come out.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

based on what i have read or seen, at the time of the shooting its been reported that brown was far enough away that he proposed no threat to officer so if true there was no eminent dnager . with that the issue is did brown reach for something or were his hands in the air. if he did reach for something regardless of wehat it was then yeah, the office shouldve felt threatened. that seems to be the big issue, were his hands in the air or was he reaching in his jacket. are the eyewitnesses lying ? most people there have a prediduce against police so its not crazy to think they may be lying. the sick part is these same witnesses wouldnt snitch on a drug dealer or gang banger if they killed brown but they will riot if a cop did.

now on this idea that cops arent sharp shooters, no they arent but they are trained to use a gun the right way (countless hours on the firing range) and trained over & over how to handle these situations without killing a person. while all of them may not be able to shoot out a knee cap (btw i just threw that out there) i would hope he could hit a guy that big one time to see he went down.

but who knows, there may be more evidence out there that proves otherwise. either way the investigation needs to be completed and not played out through the media.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Some eyewitnesses originally said he was shot in the back. That was proven false apparently based on the autopsy. If he was coming at the officer with his hands in the air, that could have been in an attacking motion as some others said he was. The big thing to me is the officer having an ocular injury. That's a major part of the story if true. It changes everything.

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

true that the investigation really shouldn't be played out in the media but the protesters are doing just that. trying to sway popular opinion. while I agree with you for the most part,cops are told to save themselves first and foremost.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

9. Buck Fenson

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then guess what?

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

You shoot it???

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the police every where should just all wear cameras that transmit during their entire patrol. if they did that,it would eliminate a lot of the problems they have on the street with police brutality. the cop involved in the death of this kid had some pretty serious injuries like a shattered eye socket and face bone which he obviously did not do to himself.i gotta feeling when what really happened comes out,al sharpton and jesse jackson are gonna crap themselves and crawl back out whatever hole they crawled out of.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

You'd think that, Diesel, but these clowns are too good at the spin to ever address that possibility.

Also like to throw out a thought about the outcry of "unarmed" & if there was a 'reasonable' fear for his life. Knew of a couple of guys that are rotting in prison for beating guys to death with nothing but fists & boots. I'm gonna go out on a limb & say the victims didn't die thinking "Thank God, he doesn't have a gun otherwise I'd be f*cked..."

markaz likes this.
  13. Buck Fenson

if it flies it dies.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

15. Buck Fenson

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i think jackson and sharpton are major league chicken craps. they'll go and protest,but after that you won't see them for awhile.
    they both just want to go some place and make whitey look as bad as he was back in the slave days.there are some craphole people out there that would shoot you cause your eyes are the wrong way,and it ain't exclusive to race,color or creed,it's because they are just maniacs.there are racists in this world,but not everybody that kills somebody is a racist,and that is what those two turds always preach and it is wrong and stupid!

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

so snoop dog, spike lee and puff daddy went to brown's funeral today because they feel the need to bring attention to cops killing kids.

the same three guys that wouldn't have been anywhere near he service if he was killed by a gang banger because that's not an issue at all.

DaBears22 and Buck Fenson like this.
  18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

don't forget jesse jackson and reverand short crap were there!

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No, they absolutely are not. They exist solely for the security, safety and preservation of the public as a whole above all else. To protect and serve. Saving themselves should be the last thing they think about, after they've saved everyone else.

20. Buck Fenson

maybe where you live but here, not that way. in fact just this past weekend we had a DARE cop get arrested for selling drugs.