QB Mark Sanchez Likely To Remain With Jets In 2013

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweets, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

After his demotion, it has been reported that the Jets will likely trade or release quarterback Mark Sanchez in the offseason.

Two sources who are familiar with his situation have told Bob Glauber of Newsday that they believe Sanchez will be back with the Jets.

The reason is his $8.25 million salary for 2013.

Source: The Redzone

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, part of his salary for 2013 is guaranteed but part of it is not. the jets may just cut their losses.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

may attemped to trade him for something low

4. CaptainStubing

if a team gives up anything for sanchez and eats that ludicrous contract, i will ridicule them endlessly.

5. ball in the baskett

I mean the team would have to restructure first

6. CaptainStubing

i just looked again at his contract and i was confusing him with someone else. ALL of sanchez's 2013 contract is guaranteed so i'm not sure why sanchez would want to restructure. he could take the year off, lay on the beach, and collect $8 mill for doing nothing.

7. ball in the baskett

I think if he wants to start he would restructure

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

According to bloomberg.com, it would cost the Jets as much as $17.1 million against the salary cap if he is cut or traded.

9. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

So, you are saying the raiders are a possibility?

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Hell...send Sanchez to Arizona to join all the other overpaid worthless pieces of crap. All he'd have to do is apply the AZ QB creedo..."Run, Forrest, run":eek:hboy:.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sanchez never played on the Steelers. He'd have to play in Pittsburgh to be eligible for Arizona.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jets will more than likely bring him back and warm the seat up for the franchise QB they will be looking to groom.