QB Petty dazzles scouts at Baylor workout

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by markaz, Mar 19, 2015.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

While Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota are the clear-cut top two quarterbacks in the 2015NFL Draft, the identity of the third passer might just be the most contentious debate of the class.

NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks UCLA's Brett Hundley as the No. 3 quarterback but some evaluators favor Baylor's Bryce Petty or Colorado State's Garrett Grayson.

In completing 69 of 77 passes (according to the official Twitter account of the university) on Wednesday, Petty stated his case that he should be the one following Winston and Mariota.

Representatives of 26 NFL teams were on hand for the workout. Among the most notable evaluators on hand were Wade Wilson, Clyde Christensen and Carl Smith, quarterback coaches for the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts and Seattle Seahawks, respectively. Washington (and former Baylor) quarterback Robert Griffin III and former Bears' wideouts Terrance Williams (Dallas) and Kendall Wright (Tennessee) also were there. [More]

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...b-coaches-watching-bryce-petty-wows-at-baylor

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Petty has alot of physical talent and intangibles. I think he is the third best QB in the draft. However he needs a couple years of coaching before he is ready.

Im glad Dallas is looking at him

3. markaz

I don't think Petty will be on the board in the late 2nd round when he'd be a logical choice for the birds. I've got big expectations for Petty on the NFL level.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think he needs 2 years. With Palmer there, Petty would be a good pick.

5. markaz

Exactly. The Cards were exposed at QB when Palmer went down and evident the needs to groom somebody when Palmer's done.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Please keep in mind that "birds" = Eagles.

I don't know much about Petty, but his name keeps popping up everywhere on sports radio. Pretty much they are saying the same as you guys, a lot of potential needing a couple of years of grooming.