Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha On The 49ers Radar

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Just how much the 49ers are able to turn over their roster remains in question, but Nnamdi Asomugha is an intriguing consideration. He won't come cheap, and just about every team in the league could use him. However, I'd give the 49ers a better than 1-in-32 chance of landing him for the following reasons: 1.) Proximity -- he wouldn't have to move. 2.) Representation -- Asomugha's agent is Ben Dogra, who just worked out a long-term deal between the 49ers and another client, Patrick Willis. 3.) Coaching -- Vic Fangio's system promises to be similar to that of friend Dom Capers.

Source: FanNation

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Asomugha on *insert team name* radar...

3. bambam

bambam Rookie

Keep him in the bay on the sf side though :)

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What ward said.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Not every team will be in the mix for monetary reasons obviously.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Positive thinking ofrom the 49ers viewpoint... : wink:

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

This could be huge for us. I want a top CB to fall to us, and SF is one of the spots Peterson/Prince could go to

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

What if they do both? Oooooooo you'd be maaaaaaaad...

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They could, but I think if they got NA they would go for QB in the first.

I think it would be 50/50 right now if they didnt get him

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I be surprised if they went for a qb. Not only do I not think that any qb in the draft is even close to being worthy at their spot, but I think Harbaughs going to want to draft someone later and develop them. I think drafting either a top passrusher or CB would go a lot further to their future success than Gabbert or whoever would. I dont think there's a huge gap between the top prospects and someone like Ponder who could be had later, especially with a "qb guru" as their HC.

11. BTMaverick84

BTMaverick84 Death Dealer

Nnam is not going to end up in SF... because he wants to join a winning franchise thats not in a rebuilding mode with a new coach coming in and uncertanties about who is going to be under center. He minus well stay with the Raiders if this were the case.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Minus well?

13. BTMaverick84

BTMaverick84 Death Dealer

Slang for Might as well... if yer getting techical.

14. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I would love it. No QB in the first. Ponder in the 2nd or Colin Kapernick in the 3rd. :icon_cheesygrin:

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I could see them going CB at 7 even if they get Nnamdi. That said, don't see this happening. Just don't, not after the bust from hell that is Nate Clements.