Raiders Closing In On Acquiring Eagles QB Donovan McNabb

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

I have to disagree here with fargas gone mcfadden and bush will see more playing time not mention a new offensive coordinator so we do have a threat of a running attack. Louis Murphy blossomed towards the end as much as you can with horrrible QBing, Shilens is a stud and who knows with McNabb there he might get some use of DHB hes got talent not to mention at tight end with Zach Miller. we need a QB who can throw down field not one with a noodle arm like grads we are not running the WCO anymore.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Having Kerry Collins really helped out the titans for one season why couldnt Mcnabb do that for us hell it made VY a better qb.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The thing with McNabb is if he cant step up in the pocket he cant make the throw anymore like he used to. he is nearing, if he isnt already there, that stage in his career where he needs to be protected by the offence to thrive

3. Daddy Primetime42

you might be right but he is better than anything we have at the moment and if we do draft a young guy like crompton atleast he could sit back and learn from one of the greats.

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

1. I understand what you're saying with the change in OC, that could make a difference, but I haven't really seen anything in any Oakland HBs EXCEPT Fargas....but that's coming from a guy who doesn't really watch the team and might see some of a game from time to time.

2. O-line is still this team's weakness, and having a 33 year old QB who's losing his mobility isn't going to make matters better. I'm sure he could make his WRs better, good QBs do that, but it doesn't matter who's being thrown to if there's no time to throw the ball.

3. Vince has a lot more drive and motivation than JaMarcus does, and people that grew up with Russell will tell you just that. Ever been to Mobile? He has the definition of what some of my friends call the "Mobile Mentality"

5. Daddy Primetime42

Atleast there is someone who admits they dont watch the Raiders I can respect that but your right The Oline blows and we need to upgrade that position hopefully Big AL does that in the draft seeing as there are alot of good ones out there. believe me i wasnt comparing russell to VY, Russell is a lost cause.

6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Team Veteran

If McNabb is acquired for their 2nd round pick, then their 1st and 3rd picks better be offensive linemen.

I agree that the Raiders definitely have some talent on offense. As it is, most teams would stack the line to guard against McFadden or anyone else lining up at RB breaking any big runs. With McNabb lining up at QB, teams would have to respect the potential deep (and accurate) pass to Murphy or Heyward-Bay. Plus, Shilens working the middle to deep routes coupled with Zach Miller handling the underside of the defense could make for nightmares to defensive coordinators around the league.

But, again, this is all predicated on the fact that McNabb would actually be able to have time to pbutt. But, without the offensive line help, it could all go out the window.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think this would be a great move by the Raiders. Jamarucus has proven that he cant get the job done. Its time to bring in a new QB to get the team to the next stage and to the playoffs

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think it's a great move for the Raiders if the can get him into a new contract. If it's one and done, I don't see the point...

McNabb could be a huge help to this team...The Raiders are in a division that is arguably wide open and there for the taking. Donnie Mac could get this team to 9 wins and maybe more...

I still think the best fit for McNabb would be the Niners...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As much as I can't stand McNabb this move is a bad one. The Eagles have most everything in place to make another run to the super bowl with McNabb at the helm and the team is going to give it all up for a second round pick? Stupid, stupid, stupid...you guys have stayed with him through everything and NOW he has one year left on his contract and you're going to put it on Kolb to take you to the promise land??? I don't see it happening. All the other teams in the NFC East are jumping for joy on this one, did the earth just move off it's axis?

And if the Raider fans are hoping that McNabb is their leader they are in for a rude awakening, he's not a leader and certainly not the difference they need and he won't be there next season. But hey not playing him pretty much every year is something I'm not going to miss because he usually beats us, the bastard. We all know how bad the Raiders are at picking draft picks so if McNabb is picked up by Oaktown he better start working at running for his life.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

McNabb on the Raiders...rofl

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Donovan has had excellent teams throughout the whole decade and couldn't get them a ring, what makes you seriously think that anything has changed?

Call me a cynic, but I honestly think that a fresh face under center could make the difference from NFC Championship Loser to Superbowl Champs, even if it's a big risk. But after all, how much longer does the city of Philadelphia want to see it's Eagles play the part of bridesmaid?

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Andy what you and alot of 5 haters fail to realize is that McNabb was A HUGE part of getting to those NFC championship games and without him odds are good that they don't make it to ANY of them.

13. Daddy Primetime42

kind of like Cutler on the bears:laughy32:

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

rep

:word:

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OK, cynic...and McNabb hasn't had "excellent" teams for ten years wtf are you talking about, McNabb hasn't had a #1 receiver or a great receiving corp until recently. Players like Todd Pinkston, Reggie Brown, Freddie Mitchell, James Thrash weren't the cream of the crop and only Kevin Curtis and TO I think were the only 2 that had more then 1000 yds. a season, so yes I do think that the Eagles have a better chance of going all the way with McNabb this year than with Kolb.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This is true.

But we have a younger option who has proven in just a couple of starts that he can be the man. Likely will have a learning curve, yes, but the dude can play. All factors considered (age, contracts, value of the players, etc), it just doesn't make sense to keep McNabb.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Now stop it because I really hate talking about the things that are good about McNabb damn it.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You realize that the Eagles had a top 5 defense almost every year of the NFCCG runs, right?

19. Daddy Primetime42

he is a better runner than grads so i think he will be able to get away more times than him i hear questions about leadership but i doubt he will be hearing boos in the black hole he wont have anything but the young guys undivided attention, so if he comes to oaktown he wil automaticaly be the leader because he is a veteran will he good one only time will tell.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well since we're talking about McNabb here I was referring to his receivers since he's the QB.