Raiders FS Michael Huff Looking Forward To A 'Real Defense' Without Al Davis' Imput

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Jun 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Raiders safety Michael Huff is excited about the new defensive scheme being put in by coach Dennis Allen and defensive coordinator Jason Tarver. But he just didn’t leave it at that. “We’re just looking forward to playing for a defensive head coach, getting to play a real defense,†Huff said. “So, I’m definitely looking forward to that this year. Nothing personal but, obviously, before with Al (Davis), rest in peace, he had his hands in all the defense. He had all his little things he liked to do. Now with D.A. out there, we got all kinds of blitzes, we got 3-4, 4-3 fronts, just a lot of different variety and a lot of different things going on. So, I’m going to love it.†The Raiders set franchise worsts last year in touchdown passes allowed (31), yards per carry (5.1), yards passing (4,262) and total yards (6,201), while giving up the third-most points (433) in team history. Opposing offenses may have to actually guess what the Raiders defense will do next. “(Last year,) everybody knew,†Huff said. “I’m in the middle of the field, I’m in the post, we’re pretty much man-to-man on the outside, it was pretty simple. We really didn’t blitz much. We let our front four get after them. That’s how it was, so we dealt with it.â€

Source: San Francisco Chronicle