Raiders In Trade Talks With The Steelers For Ben Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 21, 2010.

1. The six-game suspension (that can be reduced to four) handed down today by commissioner Roger Goodell to Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is going to have a direct impact on how Pittsburgh and Mike Tomlin prepare for training camp and the regular season. According to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora, the Steelers contacted the Rams over the weekend about a possible deal that would send Roethlisberger to St. Louis, which was turned down, and are now in discussions with the Oakland Raiders about a possible trade. Oakland is a club that is mentioned with almost every free-agent QB on the market and was considered to be very involved in talks for former Eagle Donovan McNabb before he was sent down the road to Mike Shanahan and the Redskins, but as La Canfora points out, dealing for a player who could miss the first six games of the season is a stretch, especially when you consider the Raiders giving up the No. 8 pick tomorrow night to even get Big Ben in town.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

#8 & Nhamdi for Ben and a 3rd round pick... have a nice day.

3. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

If this goes down, it will be pretty amazing. The Steelers trading their two-time SB winning QB away.

4. Crowned

And wide receiver of the future, the front office really has their panties in a bunch and they jumped the gun this season to protect an "image". We (the fans) shall suffer.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

How about:

Raiders Get:

Ben Rapelisberger

Steelers Get:

Rams 1st Overall

Rams Get:

Raiders 8th Overall
    Steelers 18th Overall

Chances of that are 0% but hell, I can dream.

6. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

Leave it to old man burns(al davis) to give up another first rounder for an im-mobile qb. The Steelers are desperate to move ben if they wait they can get him cheaper.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'd do it for 8 straight up, no problem. Ben's undoubtedly better than whoever Crazy Al would get with #8. Hell, throw Russ in there just for craps and giggles too. Morrison as well if you want.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Ain't karma a snitch.

9. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

OLD NEWS!! :icon_cheesygrin:

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I thought the Cutler trade was epic. If this crap happens.....

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nnamdi, the 8th and the Raiders 5th for Ben. Done. The more I think about that...the more I love it!

12. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Easy... :icon_cheesygrin:

Not to put out Blown Smoke but Stanford Routt will be your next Cornerback if Al Davis gives up the 8th pick. (My Source)

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't do it then if it were me...

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No way dude. You can have #8, Russ, and my mom will bake you a homemade apple pie. That's it.

15. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Exactly.
    I've also have heard that the Cleveland Browns offered you guys a nice package but the Browns are a divisional rival.. so I don't think anything gets done there?

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

If it happens.....adios Ben....I was a Steeler fan before he came and will be when he's gone. Hope it's a good trade.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll take 2 apple pies and let you keep the 5th.

The only way I trade Ben is if Nnamdi and the first pick are in the deal and if I were the Raiders I'd do that in a second...they've lacked a QB and leadership for so long that Ben would be great for that team imo.

18. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Immobile? Have you possibly suffered blunt force trauma lately? He's nothing much to look at when he scrambles but once he does his efficiency rate skyrockets.

19. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

I would do it.

20. Crowned

I don't think there's a chance in hell we could pull Nhamdi and a 1st for Ben. that's just wishful thinking. If he gets dealt he gets dealt we will move on. Thats my boy tho.